Author Topic: I mean, how can they really check on this?  (Read 3975 times)

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: I mean, how can they really check on this?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 10:16:57 AM »
I agree with Beth though, the real thing that appalls me is the dry wedding reception.  Now I've been to a few receptions where folks have made asses of themselves because of alcohol, but since my girlfriend and I seem to know a few people who are or happened to marry conservative nutjobs, we've also been to a couple of dry receptions that are by far less enjoyable overall than the few that are spoiled by drunkenness.  I rarely go on anti-right wing rants, but nights full of fruit punch and the stupid Electric Slide leave me angrily asking my girlfriend if these people are fundamentalists, why do they conveniently forget Jesus Christ's first miracle?

Seriously, a few years ago I went to a wedding that was in a dry county.  On top of a snooze of a reception, we had to drive 30 min. just to find a drop of booze.  It was convenient for the bride and groom because they could blame the law but we all knew they wouldn't have had any liquor even if they could have.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »
if these people are fundamentalists, why do they conveniently forget Jesus Christ's first miracle?

Don't get me started, none of the stuff Christians rail about has anything to do with the Jesus ministry: abortion, gays,  propagating their beliefs. Look it up I tell 'em. Protecting the poor and needy and being non judgmental?

arghh
I'm about to raaaaaaage out.

I need to go lift.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »

arghh
I'm about to raaaaaaage out.

I need to go lift.

Sounds good ... as long as you're not taking the 'roids.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009