Author Topic: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread  (Read 55852 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
I did identify myself, but I'm pretty sure my person already knows who has his/her name.

My person can feel free to open the package at any time. Nothing perishable or time-sensitive inside, but I don't mind if he/she doesn't want to wait.

I didn't wait. Thank you so much for the cool package!

I got LOADS of new music to listen to, a journal booky-thing, a bacon air freshener and a new book to read. :)

You're an excellent Santa, MOS.
from the land of pleasant living

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
I am scared to death s/he will be small, and I will send too large, or worse, they will be large, and I will send too small. I am literally terrified with fear. And they like music way hipper than me, so my options are dwindling. DAMN YOU SECRET SANTA AND YOUR SECRETS YOU KEEP FROM THOSE WHO WOULD COURT YOU

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »
And they like music way hipper than me, so my options are dwindling.

Ah, you're talking about me then.  Medium for small-leaning shirt brands like American Apparel, small for most brands.

I'll be happy to send you my suit measurements if you wish.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
I did identify myself, but I'm pretty sure my person already knows who has his/her name.

My person can feel free to open the package at any time. Nothing perishable or time-sensitive inside, but I don't mind if he/she doesn't want to wait.

I didn't wait. Thank you so much for the cool package!

I got LOADS of new music to listen to, a journal booky-thing, a bacon air freshener and a new book to read. :)

You're an excellent Santa, MOS.

Oh good, I hope you enjoy it. An All-Ohio music extravaganza awaits!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »
I just want to make a public statement that my Santee MAY get their gift a little late. Took me longer to get on this than I wanted to and shipping on the items isn't helping. So if you don't have anything come the 25th fret not. It will be there! (Possible) Apologies in advance!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
Shipped!
Too soon?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2008, 11:48:33 AM »
I am scared to death s/he will be small, and I will send too large, or worse, they will be large, and I will send too small. I am literally terrified with fear. And they like music way hipper than me, so my options are dwindling. DAMN YOU SECRET SANTA AND YOUR SECRETS YOU KEEP FROM THOSE WHO WOULD COURT YOU

i ran into this as well, dfk.  hence, i refused to send any music or clothes (which was what i really wanted to get my secret santa) because i feared i would get the wrong size or send music they already had or would hate. 

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2008, 12:15:25 PM »
I think a mix cd or something would be a nice gesture. Regardless if they like the music or not, I think it's a cool idea to give a mix kind of either giving the santee an idea of what you are into, or just a good "theme" mix. I'll probably throw one in for my santee just because i like making mixes and the potential idea of introducing somebody to some new music.
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Books are always wonderful gifts.
Too soon?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
true.  i always go pillaging through amazon.com during the christmas season for books.  im THE book giver and no one has complained yet.

although, my secret santee didn't throw me a bone in the secret santa helper thread so they are getting rogue gifts made by yours truly that im crossing my fingers theyll enjoy.   :)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
although, my secret santee didn't throw me a bone in the secret santa helper thread so they are getting rouge gifts made by yours truly that im crossing my fingers theyll enjoy.   :)

or possibly  :-[

it could go either way.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »
WFMU merch is a nice way to go too. Everyone here likes FMU and it gives money to the station!

Also, everyone likes stickers. (If you don't, I feel sorry for you.)

Sarah

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »
Got to say, I'm not a fan of them.

I gave my Santee a big box full of miscellaneous stuff some of which, at least, s/he may enjoy.  At the very least, all the bubble wrap will be fun to play with.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
Oh man. I love little stickers I can stick on my lighters so no one steals them.

Wait. Maybe I'm too old for this shit. (probably not)

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2008, 05:39:25 PM »
stickers are for queers.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time