Author Topic: Get a Life- Every episode!!!  (Read 2330 times)

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
Get a Life- Every episode!!!
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
I know there was a post in the "General Discussion" section bemoaning the unavailability of "Get a Life" on DVD but I thought this was worthy of a new thread:

http://www.barryharmsen.com/get_a_life.html

Thank you, Barry Harmsen. Whoever you are.
The only Wire I care about is the one that recorded Pink Flag.

break

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Get a Life- Every episode!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:36:26 PM »
My favorite has always been the food inspector one where Chris keeps getting five dollar bribes.  Then it has a montage of him buying lavish things that all cost exactly five dollars. 

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »
Cool! I've heard people talking up this show for years (including messrs. Wurster and Sharpling). I like Chris Elliot, but I never had the opportunity to see this. Thanks!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:09 PM »
I'm enjoying this.  Thanks for posting it.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:54:03 AM »
I'm enjoying this.  Thanks for posting it.

I haven't watched these since they aired, so I say thanks too! I've seen them for download elsewhere but didn't take them at the time. I was afraid they wouldn't be anywhere near as funny to my adult self as they were when I was young, but it turns out they totally hold up! What a great show.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
It's somewhat inconsistent from episode to episode-- for example I don't find the first one funny at all, but the best ones are just mind-bendingly great.  I think my personal favorite is The Big City.