Author Topic: The Real World Brooklyn has first transgendered member  (Read 20171 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: The Real World Brooklyn has first transgendered member
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
April 12, 2005: "I Hate Most Things" (2:58)
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
you're welcome Sarah.

I also have said all I can say really, take it or leave it. I'm not trying to get into an argument with anyone.

take your ball and go home huh?

yup
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
(it's the white one)

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »
(it's the white one)

Great, there goes my erection.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
(it's the white one)

Great, there goes my erection.

Take heart.  The internet will save it.

emma

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
you're welcome Sarah.

I also have said all I can say really, take it or leave it. I'm not trying to get into an argument with anyone.

take your ball and go home huh?

I think that's a wholly inappropriate statement given the topic at hand.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »
Transvestitism, transsexualism: that's all gravy.

But what I really love is when a guy knows that he should have been born a female (i.e. Transsexual); so he goes through hormone replacement therapy, which takes over a year, then has sex reassignment surgery.

So now (s)he identifies as a female and looks like a female and has all of the parts that a female has, but then, after living as a female for months, (s)he realizes that (s)he has made a huge mistake.

So (s)he goes through hormone replacement therapy again and has sex reassignment surgery again and becomes a male again.  Then he is just really confused and goes to therapy.

I saw a special about this on Discovery Health channel.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »
It'd be awesome if they allowed you to convert to a hermaphrodite.  Then you could just switch back and forth as needed.

Transvestitism, transsexualism: that's all gravy.

But what I really love is when a guy knows that he should have been born a female (i.e. Transsexual); so he goes through hormone replacement therapy, which takes over a year, then has sex reassignment surgery.

So now (s)he identifies as a female and looks like a female and has all of the parts that a female has, but then, after living as a female for months, (s)he realizes that (s)he has made a huge mistake.

So (s)he goes through hormone replacement therapy again and has sex reassignment surgery again and becomes a male again.  Then he is just really confused and goes to therapy.

I saw a special about this on Discovery Health channel.

Sarah

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
I'm sure that would be a huge success, judging from this thread.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »
Transgenders are probably the most underrepresented group in our society.

im dipping my toe into this mess, but i will say only this: i dont believe in the term transgender- you're either a guy or a girl (if that even matters) and you live your life thusly.  when a man becomes a women or vice versa, you're not transgender, you're a man or a woman.  you fought it, you bought it, stand by it.  

also, guessing who the tranny is: juvenile and inappropriate.  you know where FOTchan is.  

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Transgenders are probably the most underrepresented group in our society.

im dipping my toe into this mess, but i will say only this: i dont believe in the term transgender- you're either a guy or a girl (if that even matters) and you live your life thusly.  when a man becomes a women or vice versa, you're not transgender, you're a man or a woman.  you fought it, you bought it, stand by it.  

also, guessing who the tranny is: juvenile and inappropriate.  you know where FOTchan is.  

It should be obvious that I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think maybe you're talking about transsexuals(?).

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
It should be obvious that I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think maybe you're talking about transsexuals(?).

looks like we're both in the same boat then.  my point is, transwhatever=man or woman.  it makes no difference to me, correct me if im wrong, and let's have a drink. 

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »
You Queer Theoriodummies need to read you some Judith Butler.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »

looks like we're both in the same boat then.  my point is, transwhatever=man or woman.  it makes no difference to me, correct me if im wrong, and let's have a drink. 

I guess I have to ask what is your definition of "man" or "woman" or "maleness" "femaleness" is. Just so we ar3e talking about the same things.

If it's the whole XX/XY thing it doesn't take much thinking or schooling to realise not every single human being is one or another, just nature itself you know there will be some oddities or unclassifiable cases

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_determination_and_differentiation_(human)s.

But I agr4e with you to a degree most humans are mostly male or female
except for the few who aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersexuality

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
You Queer Theoriodummies need to read you some Judith Butler.

Noted! 

If nothing else, I am aware that the heteronormative either/or, male/female binary is highly problematic. 

Look, the above sentence proves I may not know what I'm talking about, but I did go to graduate school.