Author Topic: Barney Frank Reminds Me Of...  (Read 3286 times)

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Barney Frank Reminds Me Of...
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

What does Barney Frank remind you of?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Barney Frank Reminds Me Of...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »

Hehee, totally kidding. George Whipple is a troll. Barney Frank is kinda adorable in a smart-gay-uncle kinda way. You know how you can be cool by actually being uncool and doofy? To me, that's Barney.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »

Hehee, totally kidding. George Whipple is a troll. Barney Frank is kinda adorable in a smart-gay-uncle kinda way. You know how you can be cool by actually being uncool and doofy? To me, that's Barney.

Frank had a great quote at some sort of press conference today. He said something like "We keep hearing that you only have one president at a time, but I am afraid that overestimates the number of presidents we actually have now."

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 12:41:27 AM »
Barney Frank needs to zip it for a stretch. The Obama Machine is about to steamroll everybody. Let them warm it up, son.

Tom.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »
who the hell is barney frank?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »
Barney Frank has always reminded me of my grandfather, a great man who met his reward about ten years ago.

Did you mean to make me cry, Wes?
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »
who the hell is barney frank?

Just a shot in the dark, but he's probably not your cup of tea.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »
Yeah, Raad_Man always struck me as more of a Larry Craig man.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
Barney Frank needs to zip it for a stretch. The Obama Machine is about to steamroll everybody. Let them warm it up, son.

Seriously. Obama didn't even really answer back. His most impressive political achievement thus far has been his impeccable ability to make everyone calm down. Even Bill O'Reilly has been less vitriolic towards him since their encounter. Not much, but with O'Reilly, even "some" is an accomplishment.

And by reportedly naming the nation's first Asian-American Four Star General to a post where few will question his suitability, his streak continues. One day he will disappoint, but that seems so far off right now. Right now, I'm actually MORE awestruck than I was during the campaign.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »

Seriously. Obama didn't even really answer back. His most impressive political achievement thus far has been his impeccable ability to make everyone calm down. Even Bill O'Reilly has been less vitriolic towards him since their encounter. Not much, but with O'Reilly, even "some" is an accomplishment.

And by reportedly naming the nation's first Asian-American Four Star General to a post where few will question his suitability, his streak continues. One day he will disappoint, but that seems so far off right now. Right now, I'm actually MORE awestruck than I was during the campaign.

"Seems far off" is not ringing true for me, in light of the dropping of the oil windfall tax, and talk of delaying the middle-class tax cuts. I voted for him (what decent thinking person wouldn't), but he's falling like a stone on the "Satisfying DFK" index.

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »
I can understand abandoning the oil windfall profits tax, and I dare say I'm glad he did. I would assume it's on the table in future, but oil has plummeted like... well, like an oil drill. It simply wouldn't be worth the political fight to put that through. That said, he's said he is still pushing to eliminate the subsidies, as well he should. We definitely don't need to subsidize an industry that pollutes the world, starves energy innovation and funds the dangerous megalomaniacal leaders in Venezuela, Iran, Russia, Alaska, etc.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »
holy shit i looked him up.  what a fucking weirdo.  gay as shit and really funny looking.  those pictures are dead on.  i am going to post this face  ;D because it is the closest tot what i am thinking right now but i wish there was one that was laughing harder. 

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 11:51:30 PM »
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »
"Seems far off" is not ringing true for me, in light of the dropping of the oil windfall tax, and talk of delaying the middle-class tax cuts. I voted for him (what decent thinking person wouldn't), but he's falling like a stone on the "Satisfying DFK" index.

Honeymoon, Dave, honeymoon.

... and funds the dangerous megalomaniacal leaders in Venezuela, Iran, Russia, Alaska, etc.

I loved how you slipped Alaska in there at the end, Wes.