Author Topic: Shark In Venice  (Read 2159 times)

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Shark In Venice
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
The seemingly tranquil waterways of Venice are terrorized by the perfect killing machine. In search of his father who has mysteriously disappeared diving in the city, David (Stephen Baldwin) stumbles across the cryptic trail leading to the long-lost fortune of the Medici. As the unwitting pawn in a Mafia plot to recover the treasure, David's girlfriend is kidnapped at gunpoint, plunging him into a desperate race against time. If he has any hope of saving her he must enter the deadly waters. Can David out-gun the Mafia assassins and survive the voracious sharks laying in wait beneath the surface, or will he succumb to the same fate as his father? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087474/

One reviewer called it Jaws meets The Godfather meets Indiana Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDD9jGMlxNQ (Trailer)

Premiers tonight on the sci-fi network at 9pm EST. Any takers?

theyellowchair

Re: Shark In Venice
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »
Flipped in-and-out of this while watching Iron Chef and waiting for the "new" Summer Heights High episode.

Mind-boggling stuff. I loved the production quality, as evidenced in the obligatory Roman death/Crusades marauding scenes.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
I fell asleep watching it.  I think scifi has gotten to the point of trying to look cheesy.

also, I wonder what alec thinks when he sees a baldwin in something like this?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
This was an excellent viewing experience, in my opinion. Stephen Baldwin should spend less time eating doughnuts and more time adventuring. ("I'm going to go on a dive, so I'm going to need a boat and another diver..." And an extra large scuba suit!) He looked incredible silly running around, especially because his man breasts swayed to and fro with each gallop. In regards to the crusade scene, that flashback was so long that the director decided that we needed a shot of Baldwin in the present reading the diary that prompted the flashback so people remembered what movie they were watching in the first place.

The fight scenes were great. The bad guys want to kidnap Baldwin so he can lead him to the treasure, but they keep trying to kill him! "Boss, we killed him!" "You idiots! How am I supposed to find the treasure now?" They spent the majority of their budget on the anti-climactic finale, which was great because they were trying to make it really climactic. I especially liked the gratuitous shot of the SWAT guys repelling into the warehouse.

Oh, and the sharks! The villain's plan was to release sharks into the canals so that no one could get to the treasure. Of course, they keep him from getting the treasure too, so that was a really dumb plan.

Again, it was a great viewing experience! Too bad it wasn't more self aware.

Scot

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:00:06 PM »
self-awareness is the ultimate mood-killer.

cleveland jonah

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
wow