Author Topic: Jason from Huntsville tries to scam a pizza place?  (Read 2456 times)

Anonymous37

• Plantar Fasciitis
Jason from Huntsville tries to scam a pizza place?
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
This site (http://notalwaysright.com/check-and-mate/33955) doesn't specify who it was who tried to scam a pizza parlor, but I'm thinking, based on the city in which the story takes place, that Jason had something to do with it:

-----------------

Me: “Thank you for calling [Pizza Place]. My name is [Name]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah. I ordered my pizza, like, an hour ago. It’s still not here.”

Me: “I’m terribly sorry, ma’am. May I have your phone number so I can check your order?”

Customer: “Yeah. It’s [number]. Look, I’m really upset about this. My family is hungry. I expect you to send my order out immediately. I expect not to have to pay for it since it’s been over an hour.”

(At this point, my driver has walked in. It is a slow night. He is the only driver I have working. I put the customer on hold.)

Me: “Hey, man. Are you getting back from that run out to [customer's street]?”

Driver: “Yeah, why?”

Me: “They’re on hold right now. They’re saying you never delivered their pizza.”

Driver: *rolls his eyes and reaches into his pocket* “Here’s the check they paid me with.”

(I get back on the phone with the customer. I verify her name, address, and phone number before confronting her.)

Me: “Ma’am. My driver just returned and handed me a check. It has your information on it and is written for the amount of your order. I also note that you didn’t even tip my driver.”

Customer: *long silence* “YOUR DRIVER IS LYING! I DON’T KNOW HOW HE GOT MY CHECK, BUT HE NEVER DELIVERED MY FOOD. I WANT IT NOW!”

Me: “I’m very sorry, ma’am. I’m afraid I can’t do that. Here’s the number to our corporate office if you’d like to call them about this.”

(As the customer hangs up, I hear her shouting to someone on her end of the line.)

Customer: “WHO’S THE IDIOT WHO PAID FOR THE PIZZA WITH A CHECK?!”

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Jason from Huntsville tries to scam a pizza place?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »
Despicable. I always knew something was up with him.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

Anonymous37

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Jason from Huntsville tries to scam a pizza place?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »
I know!  And Jason, if you're reading this, shame on you.

Also, my thanks to Jason and all the other regular callers (and Tom, AP Mike, and Jon and anyone else I'm forgetting) for your contributions to the show over the years.