Author Topic: Tim & Eric Awesome Show Live: worth going to?  (Read 6691 times)

samir

• Space Champion!
Re: Tim & Eric Awesome Show Live: worth going to?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
DL Hart gave out his home number recently in some youtube video I saw, so it's probably not an exclusive club Joe.

Speaking of Mr. Liebe Hart, this is the scariest thing I saw all Xmas break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulGXKULw_pk
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Snuggalo

• Policemans heel
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:14 PM »
I felt very old at their show.  I would have expected an older, more sophisticated crowd to come out for puppets and songs like "Diarrhea," but the room was full of teen-agers!
Bing - It's better than Google

erechoveraker

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 06:36:42 PM »
Ha, that was amazing. Thanks Samir.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
For those who may want to see more of the Junior Christian Science Bible Program, there is an episode of it (haven't watched yet, but it looks like it's a new production, not one of the original public television episodes) on myspleen.

edit: Just had a very quick look at this, and it appears to be Tim & Eric goofing around with D. L. Hart. It may well be funny, but nowhere near as insane as the original series must have been.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »
If I knew nothing about Tim and Eric, and only had this thread to go on, I might think they were a lot like a Gallagher with two scoops of GG Allin thrown in.

Definitely worth the 50.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
Plus, if you get to meet Tim and Eric (or at least Eric) in person, they seem like really nice guys. At the show I went to, I accidentally spilled a cup of beer (not mine) on a box of t-shirts. So I now have an autographed t-shirt that says "Erika the beer spiller" and is signed by Eric. He took it all in stride :)

That, and they did some bike stunt thing where I got to go on stage and lay shoulder-to-shoulder with Eric wearing a suit made entirely of white spandex while Tim ran around us with a BMX. It was quite surreal.
from the land of pleasant living

Kim Kelly

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 10:35:07 PM »
Definitely watch for the Gallagher aspect of the show. My best friend got absolutely nailed with Tim's vomit when he was Casey. I think I actually got a little of Tim's spit in my mouth.

Yeah, don't sit/stand close if you are, by any chance, a germaphobe.

Thanks for the tip! I will be standing with the moms on the balcony, like I did when I saw of Montreal there during their most recent tour. Oh, kids.
Too soon?

theaidan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
My favorite moment from seeing them a year ago (other than the story about working with Gary Busey) was when they asked if anyone in the audience liked to make their own funny videos and every single hand in the audience went up. 

ben

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »
just got back from the show in madison wi tonight - had an amazing time.  there was no bmx bit though - they must change it up from show to show somewhat, which is really cool.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 02:44:23 AM »
It completely exceeded my expectations.  DJ Douggpound got old pretty quickly but once the actual show started it was really great.  There was even a special live appearance by Dr. Steve Bruhle.  He gave a lady from the audience a health exam.  The clips from the new season were pretty great as well.