Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703727 times)

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #705 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
This Russell Peters interview keeps getting better and better...

Austin From Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #706 on: December 21, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
I'm a few weeks behind, but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the Kevin Pollak interview. I've always found that guy annoying at best - and always loved it when, for instance, the MST3K guys would riff on him (especially if they were riffing on "Willow" at the same time). But his stories were richly entertaining for all sorts of reasons and he actually made me laugh a few times.
LN5OG

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #707 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
I'm a few weeks behind, but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the Kevin Pollak interview. I've always found that guy annoying at best - and always loved it when, for instance, the MST3K guys would riff on him (especially if they were riffing on "Willow" at the same time). But his stories were richly entertaining for all sorts of reasons and he actually made me laugh a few times.

Totally worth hearing just for the Rickles/DeNiro stories.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #708 on: December 24, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »
Michael Ian Black takes Marc to task for thinking he's an a-hole and in doing that totally sounds like a real a-hole.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #709 on: December 24, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
Michael Ian Black takes Marc to task for thinking he's an a-hole and in doing that totally sounds like a real a-hole.

MIB is a grade-A cretten!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

RemyLBO

• Policemans heel
« Reply #710 on: January 01, 2012, 11:30:54 PM »

MIB is a grade-A cretten!

I'm not really a fan of the guy, but I'm curious if there's any specific reason you say that beyond his general asshole demeanor

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #711 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »
To be fair to MIB, Maron was totally baiting him the whole time. It's hard to not act like an asshole when someone is repeatedly telling you that you act like an asshole.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #712 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
To be fair to MIB, Maron was totally baiting him the whole time. It's hard to not act like an asshole when someone is repeatedly telling you that you act like an asshole.

Karma's a bitch.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #713 on: January 02, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »

Totally worth hearing just for the Rickles/DeNiro stories.

Those are great. I'd love to hear Maron interview Rickles. I'm not a fan of his comedy, but he's a really interesting and cool guy...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #714 on: January 06, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »
Penn's praise for his mother brought me to tears.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #715 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
Penn's praise for his mother brought me to tears.

Yeah, because it was very heart felt. I know some people cannot stand Penn Jillette, but he seems to be one of the most sincere people around...

I'll also plug their Vegas show. I've seen it several times. Each time it's quite different and each time it's worth every penny.
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

mostlymeat

« Reply #716 on: January 06, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »

I disagree, I thought Marc came across as the asshole, peppering the interview with little insults. He reminded me of my old mother-in-law, couching barbs in language that can't be directly addressed. Slippery and un-fun!

Seems weird that he gets away with insulting his guests (see Nick Thune).

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #717 on: January 06, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
I'm trying to parse "old mother-in-law," MM, and I'm coming up short.  But I'm interested in the phraseology!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #718 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

I disagree, I thought Marc came across as the asshole, peppering the interview with little insults. He reminded me of my old mother-in-law, couching barbs in language that can't be directly addressed. Slippery and un-fun!

Seems weird that he gets away with insulting his guests (see Nick Thune).

I loved the Nick Thune episode. Probably my favorite to date.

Austin From Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #719 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
Jonah Ray's vocal impersonation of his own flatulence in the last live "WTF" has already made 2012 a great year for me.
LN5OG