Author Topic: Where to get racist cookies in New York:  (Read 8009 times)

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
Re: Where to get racist cookies in New York:
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
Julie totally kicked your ass all over this board... and your soundboard is dumb.

I don't pretend to understand what you meant about Julie kicking my ass, but how dare you throw my life's work under the bus!? Consider the line crossed, hill person.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »
yep, us liberal yanks can be quite bigoted as well. I would probably say that the most racist place I've ever been has been the family dinner table during thanksgiving, which just so happens to be in one of the strong blue states. And trust me, it doesn't make me proud.

really though, the ONLY way to make this guy pay for his ignorance is to:

a) make a concerted effort to have as many black people patronize his store and DEMAND the offending cookies. What would this chump do if there was a crowd of people every day who just had to have that cookie. Ideally, it would get to the point where he had nothing but African-American customers. Some would ever suggest that he add even more "outrageous" items to the menu.

b) Have every other bakery in the area create a "fat white slob" cupcake/cruller/danish and totally make that the new hot item to have with your coffee. Turn it into a standard bakery item.

"I'll have a medium decaf extra sweet & low and a Kefalinos to go"

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 12:15:42 PM »
Julie totally kicked your ass all over this board... and your soundboard is dumb.

I don't pretend to understand what you meant about Julie kicking my ass, but how dare you throw my life's work under the bus!? Consider the line crossed, hill person.

I've been stewing about this for the past 45 minutes and now would like to propose a new civil war. Me and a bunch of apathetic yankee snobs versus you, your whole mobile home community and a jug of moonshine. What say you, klansman?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

I've been stewing about this for the past 45 minutes and now would like to propose a new civil war. Me and a bunch of apathetic yankee snobs versus you, your whole mobile home community and a jug of moonshine. What say you, klansman?

Your anger pleases me.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

Your anger pleases me.

It was affected. North wins again!

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »
yep, us liberal yanks can be quite bigoted as well. I would probably say that the most racist place I've ever been has been the family dinner table during thanksgiving, which just so happens to be in one of the strong blue states. And trust me, it doesn't make me proud.

really though, the ONLY way to make this guy pay for his ignorance is to:

a) make a concerted effort to have as many black people patronize his store and DEMAND the offending cookies. What would this chump do if there was a crowd of people every day who just had to have that cookie. Ideally, it would get to the point where he had nothing but African-American customers. Some would ever suggest that he add even more "outrageous" items to the menu.

b) Have every other bakery in the area create a "fat white slob" cupcake/cruller/danish and totally make that the new hot item to have with your coffee. Turn it into a standard bakery item.

"I'll have a medium decaf extra sweet & low and a Kefalinos to go"

And New York is, after all, unfortunately the home of Archie Bunker, who was a fictional character but all too seemingly real.

A & B above could work quite nicely if the whole process served to completely ridicule the guy and his store. It would be great to see Channel 2's "Shame on You" feature revived just for this purpose, with the cameras rolling at this guy's store, and customers of all ethnicities participating in pranking this putz.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »

Your anger pleases me.

It was affected. North wins again!

You're not even in the north.  Washington state's population consisted of nothing but tree-sitting androgynes and latte-sipping trade protesters during the Civil War.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 03:41:20 PM »
This mockery of justice has gone on long enough. There were no baristas in the American Civil War! What were they making lattes out of, slave tears?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
does anyone else think its funny that its being suggested that the worst posible punishment for this guy is to fill his business with black people every day?  is having black patrons really that bad, you racists?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »
does anyone else think its funny that its being suggested that the worst posible punishment for this guy is to fill his business with black people every day?  is having black patrons really that bad, you racists?

Nice one, Trail of Tears.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »
This mockery of justice has gone on long enough. There were no baristas in the American Civil War! What were they making lattes out of, slave tears?

Chickory, man!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »
racists.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Come on, Jason

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »
Speaking of racism, look how those awful Southerners and their grandmas took to the streets to beat up black people (and people who they wrongly thought were black) in the streets of Atlanta Jackson well, read to find out where...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/nyregion/08hate.html?_r=3&em

I love you, Buffcoat.

Sarah

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »
It shouldn't be in quotation marks, right? Shouldn't it be in brackets or something? Help... Saraaaaahhh!! 

My first reading of this thread.  It reminds me of Chinatown.  Actually, no--it reminds me of FOTchan.  Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

But to answer your question, Fido, if they are actually called "drunken n-word cookies," then no quotation marks, brackets, or anything else need surround "n-word."

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »
It shouldn't be in quotation marks, right? Shouldn't it be in brackets or something? Help... Saraaaaahhh!! 

My first reading of this thread.  It reminds me of Chinatown.  Actually, no--it reminds me of FOTchan.  Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

But to answer your question, Fido, if they are actually called "drunken n-word cookies," then no quotation marks, brackets, or anything else need surround "n-word."

I can't claim to have the grammatical prowess of a Sarah but couldn't it be written like "drunken [n-word] cookies" since "n-word" was added to the guy's quote replacing the actual n-word?

or is that only for replacing pronouns?
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.