Author Topic: Anybody interested in a Boston listening party?  (Read 12332 times)

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Anybody interested in a Boston listening party?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »
I say yes. I was actually thinking about it tonight. This month is a bit crazy for me (apartment and job hunting) but maybe once (or even before) that's settled for me, count me still in.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »
So who'd be in charge of said listening party?
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

colinwilson

• Plantar Fasciitis
The Search Begins
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »
So after a year of not much happening I'm helping Ted out and starting the search for a venue somewhere around the Boston area.  Ted suggested starting with a Bar named River Gods that's in Central Square in Cambridge, so i've sent an email to them asking about a listening party.  If anyone has any other suggestions on places they think would be good post them up here and i'll give them a call / email them.

--Colin

JamesU

• Policemans heel
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:50 AM »
I'm bouncing around between NYC and MA for the next month or so but if the Tuesday's right I'll be ther for sure.

Tim K in DC

Re: The Search Begins
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 04:54:04 AM »
So after a year of not much happening I'm helping Ted out and starting the search for a venue somewhere around the Boston area.  Ted suggested starting with a Bar named River Gods that's in Central Square in Cambridge, so i've sent an email to them asking about a listening party.  If anyone has any other suggestions on places they think would be good post them up here and i'll give them a call / email them.

--Colin

Yikes... yes, it has been nearly a year. River Gods is a great joint, but it looks like they are booked solid for the month of January http://www.rivergodsonline.com/, which frankly is great for them considering this is the apocalypse, I mean, the slow season. At The Middle East (where I work), the only feasible room for such a gathering is the corner/bakery, where there is an opening this coming Tuesday (1/13... listed on the website as TBA, but the date is listed wrongly as 1/12, so that could be wrong, as well as the TBA), but the rest of the Tuesdays there are booked for January. I'll look into seeing about prospects for February, as there are at least a couple of other FOTs who happen to be co-workers of mine. PM me or email me (timklateriser at gmail dot com) if you don't hear something from me by next week.

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »
That sounds great Tim.  If you can get the corner booked I'll put some effort in to promoting it one way or another.  Mike Milliard from the Phoenix is a fan of the show so maybe I can get them to put something in the paper about it.  I could probably get an announcement on WZBC too.  We'll be waiting to hear from ya Tim.  Thanks!

Tim K in DC

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 04:06:42 AM »
Hey all -

Sorry about the lag in updating on this. Turns out there is something else booked for Tuesdays in the corner at the East, at least for the next month (February). So... uh, unfortunately, I've got nothing. Anybody else have any ideas?

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
I mean, how many Boston area listeners are there? Worse comes to worse couldn't we just have a listening party at, y'know, somebody's house?
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 05:18:34 PM »
I mean, how many Boston area listeners are there? Worse comes to worse couldn't we just have a listening party at, y'know, somebody's house?

Well, Boston usually represents pretty well during the marathon so there is definitely an audience out here.  I believe the Chicago listening party went off okay (Can anyone verify that?).  But worst case, I don't think the Best Show meet up is a bad idea either.