Author Topic: The Music Industry continues to destroy itself...  (Read 1834 times)

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
The Music Industry continues to destroy itself...
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
First this story about how Ticketmaster and Live Nation are close to merging and then this story about Ticketmaster ripping off Springsteen fans.

Now that the recording industry is barely surviving (due partly because the corps that ran it alienated off all customers to focus almost exclusively on teenagers and then didn't look into the technology that their main customers were begining to spend all their time on) and they are saved mainly due to people who want to see large concerts and tours, you'd think they might not want to burn the bridge of the aging rock fan, especially when the aging rock fan is probably fearful of their economic prospects.
I imagine they are considering this move a move for the future of the music industry, but my guess is that considering Live Nation/Ticketmaster's propensity to price-gouge and release tickets in a way that encourages more scalping (often from sites they own), they are effectively encasing this version of the music industry in amber.

Trembling Eagle

Re: The Music Industry continues to destroy itself...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
good, it can't happen fast enuff.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
Let's get in another fight about the relative merits of TicketMaster.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Forrest

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
Let's get in another fight about the relative merits of TicketMaster.

I'm standing right here, you guys. Anyway, I can't wait to weigh in on this if I still have a job tomorrow.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:33 AM »
This have been gone over before? I did not know this. Apologies.