Author Topic: Where to get racist cookies in New York:  (Read 8031 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Where to get racist cookies in New York:
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »
Speaking of racism, look how those awful Southerners and their grandmas took to the streets to beat up black people (and people who they wrongly thought were black) in the streets of Atlanta Jackson well, read to find out where...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/nyregion/08hate.html?_r=3&em

I love you, Buffcoat.

Thanks, D... Trinsky!

The funniest (?) part of the story is that these guys can't even get racism right.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »
Speaking of racism, look how those awful Southerners and their grandmas took to the streets to beat up black people (and people who they wrongly thought were black) in the streets of Atlanta Jackson well, read to find out where...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/nyregion/08hate.html?_r=3&em

I love you, Buffcoat.

Thanks, D... Trinsky!

The funniest (?) part of the story is that these guys can't even get racism right.

When I looked at the picture in the linked article, I immediately imagined the guy talking in Tom's Staten Island voice. And I laughed.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 11:03:52 PM »
Thank you, Sarah, for coming to my assistance.

I passed by this place today, by accident actually, when taking friends from out of town to a nearby mystery bookstore (they sell mystery novels; there's nothing else mysterious about it). Outside the bakery a picket was taking place. Maybe 20 or so people had braved the freezing cold to advise everyone to boycott the place. I was pleased to see them, and it wouldn't have crossed my mind to go in anyway. Feel free to express your feelings about the effectiveness of such a demonstration, bitch about political correctness or whatever. Save your breath -- I hope this creep gets what he deserves.

Sarah

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:02 AM »
It shouldn't be in quotation marks, right? Shouldn't it be in brackets or something? Help... Saraaaaahhh!! 

My first reading of this thread.  It reminds me of Chinatown.  Actually, no--it reminds me of FOTchan.  Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

But to answer your question, Fido, if they are actually called "drunken n-word cookies," then no quotation marks, brackets, or anything else need surround "n-word."

I can't claim to have the grammatical prowess of a Sarah but couldn't it be written like "drunken [n-word] cookies" since "n-word" was added to the guy's quote replacing the actual n-word?

or is that only for replacing pronouns?

Yes, Colin.  If "n-word" was being used to replace "nigger," then placing it in brackets would be correct.  As I said, I was working on the assumption that "n-word" was the actual term used in the name of the cookies.

J. Garbage

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »
What if they made a drunken n-word cookie that was the n-word (not "n-word" but the explosively offensive other word that "n-word" signifies), but like written all wobbly on a cookie, like a drunk person wrote it?  In chocolate?  Someone would have to bury it!