Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650391 times)

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
I apologize to the FOTs. Comedy Death-Ray Radio wasn't my thing. I wouldn't mind a good guest stopping by, (Matthew Sweet and Suzanna Hoffs? Awesome! Two of the best musical guests I've ever heard on a comedy podcast! I would like to have heard songs from "Girlfriend" but I can't complain with their performance of covers) but I never found myself warming up to the delivery of comedy (I don't know, just bad, I laughed a bit but then got tired of them all talking! I wanted to delete the podcast before I had even finished the episode I started), or the unwelcome returning bits (I only heard the returning bits once, and they already made me tired of them).

Am I Right?? is another new podcast in my listening. It's an inviting up-and-comer that I think will appeal to all FOTs. I think you will be entertained.

Maybe I'm going to cut back again, as we all need a perspective of our own thoughts (Two of our own cents rather than 2 bucks, seventy five cents* for the two guys who are in your ears every podcast!) Maybe I like WTF because it's not "the two guys who are in your ears" podcast?

*$2.75 is the price of two slices of Two Guys Pizza and a can of soda.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
dragonchiptune, I recommend you comb the CDR Radio archives for anything with Seth Morris portraying Bob Ducca. Or any shows with Paul F. Thompkins on them. Or Andy Daly.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
dragonchiptune, I recommend you comb the CDR Radio archives for anything with Seth Morris portraying Bob Ducca. Or any shows with Paul F. Thompkins on them. Or Andy Daly.
One of the things luckly we have available to us all in podcasts is the ability to comb for old episodes to handpick. And I am thankful for that. Thank you, daveb from oakland, I will check them out.

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

Seconded + Nick Kroll.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
late pass for me, but Skeptoid is pretty interesting
Each weekly episode focuses on a single phenomenon — an urban legend, a paranormal claim, alternative therapy, or something just plain stupid — that you've heard of, and that you probably believe in. Skeptoid attempts to expose the folly of belief in non-evidence based phenomena, and more importantly, explains the factual scientific reality.

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
One of the things luckly we have available to us all in podcasts is the ability to comb for old episodes to handpick. And I am thankful for that. Thank you, daveb from oakland, I will check them out.

I would also recommend Andy Daly's appearance on episode 94 as Hot Dog, the man who is desperate to join Sha Na Na. I think it came out in early March. Everyone was on top of their improv game that day. It is very rare that I revisit a podcast but I think I listened to that one three times.

'I don't know which was worse, the dips or the wahs'.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #411 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »
Nick Kroll and PFT are why I listen to CDR. The Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs was not a great intro to the show.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #412 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »
Also, the latest episode is not a good introduction for any FOTs who happen to remember the call Tom received from one Bernie Taupin a year or two back.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #413 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »
Nick Kroll and PFT are why I listen to CDR. The Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs was not a great intro to the show.

It amazes me how talented people sometimes have absolutely nothing to say.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »
Also, the latest episode is not a good introduction for any FOTs who happen to remember the call Tom received from one Bernie Taupin a year or two back.

It's also been immortalized as a Best Show Gem so it's hardly a rare and obscure call. It'd be easier to just write off as an unintentional  coincidence had it not been for the fact that it came from someone who's worked with S & W.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »

Seconded + Nick Kroll.

I'm also a big fan of James Adomian as Hewell Howzer
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #416 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »

Oh, yeah, I love his Hewell Howser. And that's a real guy!

I started doing the Hewell Howser voice for my son at 6 months and he thinks it's the funniest thing ever.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
I love Adomian's characters with the exception of Merrill(?) Schindler, whose voice gives me the shivers. Huell Hawser is hilarious even if you don't know who the real guy is (it was fun to Google him and watch some excerpts on youTube). 'I've done 5 episodes on the Golden Gate bridge and I'm still not sure how it works!'

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »

Oh, yeah, I love his Hewell Howser. And that's a real guy!

I started doing the Hewell Howser voice for my son at 6 months and he thinks it's the funniest thing ever.

Huell and Pat Sajak were staples of my childhood, around age 10-12. They were both local Nashville "news" guys. Huell had a feature called, I think, "Happy Features" or some such. Trivia about Huell some people find hard to believe; he was a Marine.

Pat was a weather guy, but on the weekends they let him produce a show called "PS 4" that seemed to be inspired by Head, or The Trip, or Magical Mystery Tour. I remember that one week he followed Ted Nugent around with a camera.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »