Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650418 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #585 on: February 12, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »
Some of you may enjoy this: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

Fredericks, seriously, this is my favorite so far. Don't stop producing the ones with more focused vocal content, but this is one of my favorite pieces of sound collage ever. I have listened to it three times; Ken F should be playing it on his show. Sincerely.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #586 on: February 12, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
Some of you may enjoy this: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

Fredericks, seriously, this is my favorite so far. Don't stop producing the ones with more focused vocal content, but this is one of my favorite pieces of sound collage ever. I have listened to it three times; Ken F should be playing it on his show. Sincerely.

Thanks Dave. 
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
Here's a podcast suggestion:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/webpage/arthur-008

Just posted a new episode of my podcast ARTHUR, in which I have lunch with Fred Armisen.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #588 on: February 29, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
Comedy Bang Bang is hit and miss, but Matt Besser as Bjork singing instructions on how to operate a ladder, over Reggie Watts beats, is one of the most entertaining things I have heard in weeks.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #589 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »

Just posted a new episode of my podcast ARTHUR, in which I have lunch with Fred Armisen.

I listened to this right after you posted but forgot to mention that I thought it was really great interview!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #590 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
Comedy Bang Bang is hit and miss, but Matt Besser as Bjork singing instructions on how to operate a ladder, over Reggie Watts beats, is one of the most entertaining things I have heard in weeks.

BesserBjork is to Ben Schwartz as Gary is to AP Mike.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2012, 07:38:30 AM »

I listened to this right after you posted but forgot to mention that I thought it was really great interview!

Thanks!!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »

I go back and forth on subscribing/unsubscribing. It's got kind of a bro atmosphere at times that I can take or leave, and the games are getting kind of old. Mainly I listen based on whether James Adomian (or Andy Daly!) is on there at this point.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »

I go back and forth on subscribing/unsubscribing. It's got kind of a bro atmosphere at times that I can take or leave, and the games are getting kind of old. Mainly I listen based on whether James Adomian (or Andy Daly!) is on there at this point.

James Adomian is amazing on this week's Who Charted?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #594 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Different strokes. I couldn't do Who Charted anymore, after the 5th or 6th time I sat through the chart that was customized for the visiting guest. And for it to be a potentially great source for pop culture jokes, Howard doesn't really seem interested in much of anything that comes up. I'm too old, I suspect.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #595 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

Different strokes. I couldn't do Who Charted anymore, after the 5th or 6th time I sat through the chart that was customized for the visiting guest. And for it to be a potentially great source for pop culture jokes, Howard doesn't really seem interested in much of anything that comes up. I'm too old, I suspect.

I'm way behind on new episodes but I think Who Charted is a lot of fun. Howard and Kulap have great, laid-back chemistry that really works for me.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #596 on: March 01, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »

... Howard doesn't really seem interested in much of anything that comes up ...

That's part of the appeal for me ... the show gets really fun when the hosts are totally befuddled by pop culture trends. I like when Howard and Kulap start inventing their own (not very accurate) definitions of things like mathrock and dubstep.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #597 on: March 01, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »

That's part of the appeal for me ... the show gets really fun when the hosts are totally befuddled by pop culture trends. I like when Howard and Kulap start inventing their own (not very accurate) definitions of things like mathrock and dubstep.

I love Howard Kremer too. I love how he often picks up on the most incidental things mentioned and turns them into ridiculous questions and situations for the guest. Kulap then laughs in complete perplexion, which is what I am also doing most of the times.

Another podcast that I have been really enjoying these days is Professor Blastoff with comedians Tig Notaro, Kyle Dunnigan and David Huntsberger. I like that it's more laid back and not as loud as some of the other podcasts. It's also different in that they ask questions and try to figure things out (kind of like Night People), even though it's never sincere. Kyle kills it every time he makes a quip or breaks into one of his trademark riddles.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »

I love Howard Kremer too. I love how he often picks up on the most incidental things mentioned and turns them into ridiculous questions and situations for the guest. Kulap then laughs in complete perplexion, which is what I am also doing most of the times.

I wish WHO CHARTED? was more popular just because I love imitating Howard's brother Lee and I'd enjoy it if more people knew what the Hell I was doing.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #599 on: March 07, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
Here's another podcast suggestion:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/webpage/arthur-009

I talk not once but twice with the great Jon Glaser.