Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650680 times)

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #915 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »
It's ridiculous that this hasn't been mentioned yet: http://www.icetfinallevel.com/episodes/
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #916 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:58 AM »
Does anybody listen to that podcast The Truth? I think its pretty good.

DannyOHQ

• Policemans heel
« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »
These Things Matter, an interview pop-culture podcast from Denver, is well worth checking out.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #918 on: March 02, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
Is Shut Up Weirdo the new marathon champions post Best Show?

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #919 on: May 16, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
Holy God I hope not.
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #920 on: May 18, 2014, 03:28:12 AM »
Holy God I hope not.

I think they are.

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #921 on: June 19, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is incredibly funny. The only episode I didn't enjoy (or make it through) was "Shut Up and Have Fun."

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #922 on: June 19, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
Some others I've enjoyed recently:

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know (Rational conspiracy entertainment from the HowStuffWorks family, I usually just listen to the audio version.)
The Todd Barry Podcast (everybody probably know all about this)
The Dana Gould Hour (well-produced, doesn't come out frequently, very funny and covers a lot of ground content-wise)
Conversations with Matt Dwyer (comedian doing interviews- but wait! He doesn't usually interview comedians!)
The Todd Glass Show (this one took me a while to appreciate, but I'm on board now)
Modern Day Philosophers with Danny Lobell (I don't know much about philosophy, like at all really, but even I cringe sometimes at the misinterpretations and weird jumps in logic in this show, but it's still very entertaining as long as you're not looking to learn anything)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #923 on: June 19, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know (Rational conspiracy entertainment from the HowStuffWorks family, I usually just listen to the audio version.)

Looks like something right up my alley. I'm on it.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

whrbkat

• Policemans heel
« Reply #924 on: September 08, 2014, 12:25:41 AM »
If you had to pick one that wasn't the best show, I would say you got to go with the pod f tompcast.  I know it hasn't been in production for a while, but what's there is fucking great.
How was your week with Julie klausner is good too, especially if you miss toms show. Her opening monologue displays all the great ways Julie has been influenced by tom. She's super funny.

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #925 on: September 09, 2014, 05:23:03 AM »
If you had to pick one that wasn't the best show, I would say you got to go with the pod f tompcast.  I know it hasn't been in production for a while, but what's there is fucking great.
How was your week with Julie klausner is good too, especially if you miss toms show. Her opening monologue displays all the great ways Julie has been influenced by tom. She's super funny.

Yes, How Was Your Week is a great one. Her interview with David Rees a while back was pretty awesome.

Supposedly the Pod F Tompkast is coming back soon too. Along a (somewhat) similar vein, he also hosts the Dead Authors Podcast.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #926 on: September 24, 2014, 01:45:27 AM »
I am so glad In Our Time is back tomorrow. I'll be able to get a good night's sleep finally.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #927 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
I am so glad In Our Time is back tomorrow. I'll be able to get a good night's sleep finally.
I hate to admit, I didn't notice it was gone.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Dip Apesworth

• Policemans heel
« Reply #928 on: October 15, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
I remember in 2013 the host of a podcast I listen to (Henry Gilbert of Cape Crisis), called in to the Best Show and was pretty quickly heave-ho'ed. A strange coincidence, but I guess we are all radio apes at heart.
chi-koo

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #929 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
I'm really enjoying the Revolutions podcast. I didn't like it at first, but I got hooked.