Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650389 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #1035 on: December 12, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »
The Snow Plow Show is amazing
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1036 on: January 19, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »
The Dollop, which I've recommended previously in this thread, just released an episode about Frank Rizzo that is pretty astonishing. I mention it since it's Best Show adjacent and, as the hosts point out a couple of times, the parallels to Donald Trump's current presidential campaign are disconcerting.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1037 on: January 19, 2016, 08:59:48 PM »
The Dollop, which I've recommended previously in this thread, just released an episode about Frank Rizzo that is pretty astonishing. I mention it since it's Best Show adjacent and, as the hosts point out a couple of times, the parallels to Donald Trump's current presidential campaign are disconcerting.

Frank Rizzo the Jerky Boy?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1038 on: January 19, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

I've only listened to a couple of episodes, but the one they did about the psychiatrist who put two guys in the same room that thought they were jesus was pretty hilarious.

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1039 on: January 20, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »
The Gilbert Gottfried interview with Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior, Johnny Ola) is genuinely heartwarming.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1040 on: January 21, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »

I've tried to listen several times. I like the topics, but there's one guy whose use of the word "fuck" borders on a clinical case of Coprolalia.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1041 on: January 22, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »

I've tried to listen several times. I like the topics, but there's one guy whose use of the word "fuck" borders on a clinical case of Coprolalia.

I guess I have whatever that is as well because I hadn't noticed.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1042 on: January 23, 2016, 08:55:50 AM »

You, probably, will now.

fonpr

• Space Champion!

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1044 on: March 20, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

You, probably, will now.

Coprolalia is a word I say out loud often but never see it written... huh.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1045 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
Michael Rapaport has a podcast.

Its pretty entertaining, I think I just like the sound of his voice, always sounds amped.  Anyways, lots of hip hop talk, Talib Kweli was on last one and I found it enjoyable. Sometimes its good to hear someone interview people that is just interested in the interviewee. He is just super curious and not an expert that does research.

Anyways, check it out.

www.iamrapaport.com
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

stubing

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1046 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »
He missed a chance to bring in a new audience. The rapaport-rap-report would have been a more Newbridgian name.

peter falk

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1047 on: April 27, 2016, 02:08:48 PM »
I love Chapo Trap House with Felix Biederman, Will Menaker and Matt Christman. 

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house

Essentially, three young men poke fun at the idiocy of political pundits like Jonathan Chait and Ross Douthat for 90 minutes every week.  It is funny and cathartic, but probably only if you're a committed lefty . . .

Wampus

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1048 on: May 22, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »
There are now five episodes of Rassle Dassle out. It's ostensibly interviews with old wrestlers from Mid-Everglade Championship Wrestling, but it's free form improv deftly edited down to solid enjoyable lengths. Check it out!

http://www.rassledassle.org/episodes

or on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rassle-dassle/id1106085777?mt=2

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1049 on: May 27, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »
So excited for this- HDTGM has always had my vote for funniest podcast outside of the Best Show (now that Fogelnest Files is gone).
And Tom's on this one!

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-avengers-live/