Author Topic: The FOT Post Your Picture Thread  (Read 167696 times)

Laurie

Re: The FOT Post Your Picture Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »
You know, we're some good looking nerds.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
Laurie speaks truth. The past three posts to this thread have showcased FOTs with genetic gifts:

* No Underbites: Completely open to something out of frame. Ready for his close-up with Herb Ritts.  Very Bresson.
* SwissMiss: Kow-a-bunga!  Smashing photograph, reminds me (inexplicably) of Veronica Lake.
* Dan B: Assumed identity of Paul Collins (an interviewee of Scharpling in days of yore).

All three of youse guys are easy on the eye.  Bye.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2007, 01:04:47 AM »
* SwissMiss: Kow-a-bunga!  Smashing photograph, reminds me (inexplicably) of Veronica Lake.

I'll most certainly take that as a compliment. Thank you for the kind words. :)

Sarah

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2007, 06:57:38 AM »
reminds me (inexplicably) of Veronica Lake.

I think it's the pose and the expression:

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »
The past three posts to this thread have showcased FOTs with genetic gifts

Did anybody else count back to see if they were the fourth-to-last post?
Well I was insecure enough to do that and lame enough to draw attention to it.

So I got that going for me... ladies...

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2007, 03:07:05 PM »
I think it's the pose and the expression:

Yes, I think you are right.  The tilting of the head and the lips, even without a shock of hair covering her right eye. Compare:

Did anybody else count back to see if they were the fourth-to-last post?

Dorvid, you've got genetic gifts, too.  OK, time to nip this response in the bud now.

Sarah

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2007, 04:02:44 PM »
Dorvid, I didn't bother to check only because I posted my pic so early on.  If I had put it up more recently, I probably would've been similarly curious to see whether it constituted the line of demarcation beneath the genetically gifted and those less fortunate.*

*The camp to which I belong, incidentally--although I do have good teeth, at least.

Laurie

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »
I'm not bad looking, but if I were a contestant on America's Next Top Model (which, let's face it, would never happen for numerous reasons, and not just because I'm short), Tyra would tell me to "practice in the mirror." I've never tried practicing in the mirror, so I just give up and decided to go with over-the-top demented smiles, or I pull stupid faces.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
I probably would've been similarly curious to see whether it constituted the line of demarcation beneath the genetically gifted and those less fortunate.*

I should never have used the expression "genetically gifted."   I feel a little square moustache sprouting under my nose. 

FWIW, I only singled out the previous three pictures because it was a convenient way to vamp on Laurie's comment.  I think everyone of us FOTs has got the goods.  Excuse me, gotta take this call from Zachary Brimstead ... he's asking for headshots.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »
Jawohl, mein Herr.

Maybe you should get together with the von Trimbles.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Laurie

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
You know what, I think this thread could use some cats, too.

My work is done.

Sarah

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »
I know the site you got those from, Laurie!  It's been a hit on the Buffy board I favor.  Where, coincidentally, the Alanis Morissette cover of "My Humps" just made an appearance.  I always love it when that board and this one overlap; it happens regularly and never fails to please me.

Laurie

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
I first saw the top two invisible macro pics in a GIGANTIC thread on Viva Vinyl. I think the thread was called "animals with funny faces that are not the O RLY owls," and of course some wiseacre posted this picture about three posts into the thread:

As the kids say, I LOL'd.

I think that thread got deleted. As it says in the header, they hate fun.

I miss that thread. Fortunately, I managed to bookmark this archive a kindly vinyl enthusiast provided before that thread was deleted forever (probably bandwidth issues or something), and I Can Has Cheezburger? came along a few months later. Tagged for my convenience. YAY! I'm a big fan of lolcats, and I love it when people lolcat-bomb a thread in order to defuse a tense situation. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Cats make everything better.

John Junk

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2007, 01:37:26 AM »
Filthy Laurie,
it is comforting for me to know that your esoteric lingo that I do not understand is not exclusively dirty-talk in content.  O RLY owls?  At least I can figure out lolcats.  That makes enough sense.
-John

p.s.--SARAH: the L.A. Times did a piece on the Morissette "Humps" thing and called it "brilliant satire" and "video art".  I didn't find it to be that exactly, but who am I to judge. She kinda looks hot as a hoochie, which is more than I can say for her quasi-alterna-chick persona.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »
I read that, "satire busts a hump" right? my brother sent it to me.

"By removing the intoxicating bass line and clearly enunciating the crass lyrics, she gave the song's sexpot swagger a new tone of sadness and desperation while simultaneously parodying her own artistic tendencies toward self-absorbed angst."

i never would have picked up on that. i thought the article was interesting. but i need things to be broken down for me.. you can read it here but you have to set up a free account:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-goldstein24apr24,1,1644530.story?ctrack=2&cset=true

its long but i can post it if anyone wants.