Author Topic: FOT Yahoo NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em  (Read 7635 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Yahoo NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
I picked my alma mater, too, but it wasn't too difficult.  So did about 25% of the country.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
This is the first year in a while that I really didn't pay much attention to the regular season at all.  I want to just fill it out without any research and see how much better I do than when I overthink it every other year. 

Who am I kidding, time for research!

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »
For the record I watched zero games and did zero research. I will either win famously or turf out from the start.

And I am OK with that.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »
Seems to me that Duke has a smooth road to the final four. Every time I've watched them this year they look overmatched and yet win handily. I can't pick them to beat UNC though as much as I want to.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
I would have picked my alma mater, the University of Pittsburgh, to win it all. But I couldn't do it. Their success depends entirely on whether or not DeJuan Blair can stay out of foul trouble. And I don't know if they'll get favorable refs.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

JustSheaNo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »
I am in and I am "Bleh!" It was either that or Roddy's baby Betty.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:46:39 PM »
holy shit.  they are beating up on Blake Griffin.  It blows my mind that (even in the heat of the moment) anyone could think that they could get away with flipping Griffin over their back.  It blows my mind even more that Blake was calm enough just to get up and walk away, not even looking at the guy to give it a chance to escalate.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »
holy shit.  they are beating up on Blake Griffin.  It blows my mind that (even in the heat of the moment) anyone could think that they could get away with flipping Griffin over their back.  It blows my mind even more that Blake was calm enough just to get up and walk away, not even looking at the guy to give it a chance to escalate.

That was one impressive flip. I remember seeing Len Rossi do the exact same thing to Tojo Yamamoto at a professional wrestling match when I was a kid.

From the Friends of Tom bracket board, I am pasting my shame to here for all to see; The hard truth is this; if you had simply flipped a coin to select your picks in the first 17 games (counting the play-in game, which I also missed,) you would have had approximately a 17% chance of doing better than I have done so far.

I so suck.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 01:27:26 AM »
I picked my alma mater, too, but it wasn't too difficult.  So did about 25% of the country.

I know you are all big rodeo heads.  My undergraduate alma mater can't be fucking beat:

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~bull/

http://www.collegerodeo.com/Rodeos/Regional_Standings.asp?Region=CR

That's right, we--and I mean WE even though I don't go there anymore or know anyone who does--have the 10th best woman's rodeo team in the entire central rocky mountain region.

BONUS picture of the 1976 White Sox (since we're talking "sports")

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

I know you are all big rodeo heads.  My undergraduate alma mater can't be fucking beat:

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~bull/

http://www.collegerodeo.com/Rodeos/Regional_Standings.asp?Region=CR

That's right, we--and I mean WE even though I don't go there anymore or know anyone who does--have the 10th best woman's rodeo team in the entire central rocky mountain region.

BONUS picture of the 1976 White Sox (since we're talking "sports")

Those uniforms are some of the worst things human beings have ever done.

My grampa used to take me, my brothers, and my cousin up to Cooperstown every couple of summers. The Hall of Fame used to have this display case of horrendously ugly uniforms (I don't think they called it that, it was just Uniforms of the 70s or something).

Those ChiSox monstrosities were included, as were some real 70s doozies from the Indians and Giants. Back then, I think MLB required all uniforms to cause seizures in epileptics.

When I was 10 years old, I thought this weird collection was hysterical. Sadly, I went back to Cooperstown 2 years ago and that display is no longer there. *sniff*
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
Those shorts were hideous. But you have to give them credit for trying something different. On an unrelated note, this is my favorite baseball picture ever.

The great Dick Allen, who should have been in the Baseball Hall of Fame years ago.

JustSheaNo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 12:29:43 AM »
Yay Siena
Boo Wisconsin
Yay Marquette
Boo Michigan

Can The Regulator expound on his strategy for early round wins?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
What a finish to the Siena-Ohio State game! I despise Ohio State and the fact that they lost in Dayton made it that much better.

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:58 AM »
I'm tied for first, but won't be for long because I have my home team, West Virginia, going to the elite eight. Whoops!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »
West Virginia is going to be really good, probably as soon as next year. So that wasn't necessarily a bad pick. Dayton was just better for that game. That's the thing about the tournament, your team can't have an off night. Pitt, my team, almost lost to East Tennessee State.