Author Topic: Julie From Miami's Dad A Musician?  (Read 5176 times)

Sarah

Re: Julie From Miami's Dad A Musician?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
Your confusion is understandable:  the casserole most often mentioned was stew.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
Don't worry, Bugle Boy. We have all had our awkward moments on the board.  I recently had the "musicology fail" of referring to Aaron Copland's "Hoedown" as "country/western" and having DFK (rightfully) call me on it. (Yes, it is supposed to evoke the heart of America, but it's not "country/western"). 

-Jon Levels from Weehawken

I referred to an episode of Look Around You, and mistakenly wrote that it featured a profile of a restaurant that served only stew. In fact, it served casseroles.

Mortifying.

Fine Bryan. Poke fun.  I'll just tell everyone about how you thought Jethro Tull was the name of a person.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
Even though they called it a casserole on the show, that was clearly stew. British people, I support your casseroles, but stop trying to pass this stew off as one!

dotmap

• Policemans heel
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »
On my first and only call into the show a couple of years ago I was so nervous that I called Tom Dominick, when that's my name.

But at the very least, look at the nice little discussion you facilitated here.

Sarah

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 03:26:22 PM »
They even called it stew, as far as I remember.  That makes it worse.

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »
Don't worry, Bugle Boy. We have all had our awkward moments on the board.  I recently had the "musicology fail" of referring to Aaron Copland's "Hoedown" as "country/western" and having DFK (rightfully) call me on it. (Yes, it is supposed to evoke the heart of America, but it's not "country/western"). 

-Jon Levels from Weehawken

I referred to an episode of Look Around You, and mistakenly wrote that it featured a profile of a restaurant that served only stew. In fact, it served casseroles.

Mortifying.

I CAST THEE OUT!!!

I commented on the "Eastbound and Down" thread without knowing that the series was only six episodes long. *smacks self*
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 08:55:53 AM »
They even called it stew, as far as I remember.  That makes it worse.

Thanks, Sarah. 

Tharah.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »

Fine Bryan. Poke fun.  I'll just tell everyone about how you thought Jethro Tull was the name of a person.

Well, it sort of is.  Actually, it is the name of a guy, and the name of a band named after the guy who SEES HIS CHILDREN JUMPIN' OFF ... AT STATIONS ONE BY ONE.

HIS WOMAN AND HIS BEST FRIEHEEEND

IN BED AND HAVING FUUU HUUUUN!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

spaceprophet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 04:32:55 PM »
I have exclusive access that not even fat Bill Shatner has to the ship's computers and I'm here to tell ya that Julie and Laurie are both twins, seperated at birth. Their parents are Todd Palin and a woman named, I think, Ginn G. Vitis. So get this girls! Free snowmobile rides and Gucci panties courtesy of the Republican party.
Silence...is golden. Duct tape...is silver.

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
I have exclusive access that not even fat Bill Shatner has to the ship's computers and I'm here to tell ya that Julie and Laurie are both twins, seperated at birth. Their parents are Todd Palin and a woman named, I think, Ginn G. Vitis. So get this girls! Free snowmobile rides and Gucci panties courtesy of the Republican party.

How dare you. Our mother is clearly Sheila Larsen.
Too soon?

spaceprophet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
How dare you. Our mother is clearly Sheila Larsen.
Isn't she friends with Maude Wilkinson? I heard she got beat with a cub scout belt for making a crappy cake. I hope she's feeling better.
Silence...is golden. Duct tape...is silver.