Author Topic: John Darnielle live from Boston  (Read 2638 times)

samir

• Space Champion!
John Darnielle live from Boston
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/2009/04/live-mp3s-mountain-goats-john-darnielle.htm

It's a solo show, so there's no drummin' from whatshisname. But John Vanderslice comes along for a bit.

Also, 'The Sign'!
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: John Darnielle live from Boston
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/2009/04/live-mp3s-mountain-goats-john-darnielle.htm

It's a solo show, so there's no drummin' from whatshisname. But John Vanderslice comes along for a bit.

Also, 'The Sign'!

Is John Darnielle the Mountain Goatse guy?

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
I'm breaking my posting hiatus (no particular reason for it, other than a lack of time leading to being sadly behind on the show at present) to share that I was at this show and it was absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing this! I was disappointed that they didn't have the Moon Colony Bloodbath EPs yet, though- I'm not sure if/how I'll be able to get one now.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »
I was disappointed that they didn't have the Moon Colony Bloodbath EPs yet, though- I'm not sure if/how I'll be able to get one now.

I got it at the Chicago show, they said it had just arrived that afternoon.  The record looks great, mine is a creamy-greenish color.  Unfortunately I can't listen to it yet because my turntable isn't working.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:10:32 PM »

Also, 'The Sign'!

Is John Darnielle the Mountain Goatse guy?

Yes.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:57:02 AM »
As a M.Goats fan myself, I would like to recommend John Vanderslice (who plays with The Mountain Goats at this show) to any who do not know him. If you enjoy the songwriting of J. Darniel, please check out J.V. I think you may enjoy his songs too...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2x3y4_split-141-john-vanderslice-the-para_creation

(Plenty of other acoustical gems over at La Blogotheque too...)
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
Dave - was that a deliberate "goatse" or just a fortuitous (?) coincidence?  Cause you don't seem like a Goatse type of guy.

Who does?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
Dave - was that a deliberate "goatse" or just a fortuitous (?) coincidence?  Cause you don't seem like a Goatse type of guy.

Who does?

I know it by hideous reputation only

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »

Who does?

ie, I don't really get to listen to the Mike Show

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »
As a M.Goats fan myself, I would like to recommend John Vanderslice (who plays with The Mountain Goats at this show) to any who do not know him. If you enjoy the songwriting of J. Darniel, please check out J.V. I think you may enjoy his songs too...
The production on Vanderslice's albums bothers me a lot of the time but hearing him play acoustic made me think I should give him another shot because I generally like his lyrics.