Author Topic: "You know who you look like?"  (Read 35419 times)

yesno

• Space Champion!
Re: "You know who you look like?"
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 06:57:01 PM »
I've been told I look eastern European, like Emo Philips, and like the girl from the cover of the video for Slacker:

I've gotten Timothy McVeigh a few times for my shaved-head, angry ID photos.

When I had longer hair, I was told I looked like 1980s Tom Cruise, but only by people who had previously seen me with short hair (which I have again because it is convenient).

One of these people is the real me:

Come on, Jason

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 07:55:33 PM »
I'd get "The Encyclopedia Britannica guy" a lot when I was younger.  Can't say I cared for it.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »
I just get "you look just like my cousin". More than a person would consider normal.
from the land of pleasant living

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »
It's never been a good thing.  Just to pull one at random - John Elway.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »
Girls always used to tell me that I reminded them of their brother. Needless to say, I didn't get many dates.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
I just get "you look just like my cousin". More than a person would consider normal.

Same here. I've also heard someone say I look like John Sununu
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »
Ive been told i look like Jughead, Jay Leno, and The Joker which I kind of dont mind now since hes regained popularity. What can i say ive got chin for days.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »
i used to get tim curry, which was fine.  then once i got noah taylor in Shine, which wasn't.  For a couple years I didn't get you look like, but I got are you the Verizon guy?  I tend to get whoever is wearing black framed glasses at the time.  I think we're on to Jermaine from FOTC now.

jeez, i'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to. FUCKING ANNOYING
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 02:24:01 AM »
One time, a girl came up to me and said, "I'm sure this isn't the first time you've heard this, but do you know who you remind me of?  Allen Ginsberg."  Then she seemed kind of upset when I didn't take it as a compliment. 

sushi cowboy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »
One time, a girl came up to me and said, "I'm sure this isn't the first time you've heard this, but do you know who you remind me of?  Allen Ginsberg."  Then she seemed kind of upset when I didn't take it as a compliment. 

I've gotten Tom Petty more than once by more than a few surprising sources. They too have the same reaction of being irked when I don't take it kindly.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 03:19:54 AM »
Zach G.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »
I have the sort of bland handsomeness that has made people always say that I look "just like" someone else they know, and have heard mostly flattering comparisons. (Yeah, I'm braggin' a little...) It's eased off now that I'm getting older, but in my 20s, I got Matthew Broderick a lot, Ethan Hawke and Matt Dillon sometimes, and once - from a homeless guy, but still! - James Dean.

So I have no idea what you all are complaining about!

Sarah

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »
I've been told I look eastern European . . .

Well, if you're going to broaden it out this way, I can add Latvian, Chinese, and Russian astronaut (yes, astronaut, not cosmonaut) to the list of types I've been told I resemble.  I know I've said before that I was once referred to as "the nice Chinese woman at the front desk," and then there was the time a waiter addressed me in Chinese and looked amused and skeptical when I claimed I didn't understand him.  

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »
I used to get Vincent D'Onofrio circa "Full Metal Jacket" (which I didn't take as a compliment) or Michael Chiklis.

I'm currently bearded, otherwise I think I'd get Frank Black circa "Trompe Le Monde".
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

hugman

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »
I used to get Vincent D'Onofrio circa "Full Metal Jacket" (which I didn't take as a compliment)

that made me chuckle tom-style. huh-heh-huh-huh.

The weirdest one I ever got was Chris Rock by a girl in highschool that had the hots for me.