Author Topic: Robot Sweatshop - podcast from lovable FOTs  (Read 1847 times)

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
Robot Sweatshop - podcast from lovable FOTs
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
We have been doing a media-based podcast called Robot Sweatshop - so if you enjoy the time-wasting mediums of movies, comic books, videogames, and more from a ragtag group of lovable scamps, then give us a listen. Please subscribe via iTunes and leave us vicious comments.

http://robotsweatshop.blogspot.com/

This episode we talk about All Hail Megatron, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (spoiler-free!), and Movies (Mostly Bad) We Want to Own on Blu-ray. Plus a contest. We hope you enjoy.

Your humble servants,
Mike From Manhattan, Frank from Weehawken, Dan from Kensington, Chris from Bay Ridge, Caroline from ?

Trembling Eagle

Re: Robot Sweatshop - podcast from lovable FOTs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
thoughts:

good sound quality

pleasant voices

wow we share a lot of the same interests and cultural references.

You guys said rifftrax, awesome.

Bloodsport + Kickboxer have merged in my mind too

Frank in long form, cool. Why does he sound like a mob tough and the other 2 guys not at all? Are the other guys not native to the North East? This fascinates me.

I like a little lite cursing, feels like I'm hanging with my buds.

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
Thanks for the listen, TE. Your accent assessment is funny as I've often said Danny and Chris sound like leftovers from the Colombo Wars. My own NJ accent seems to come out with werewolf-like frequency brought on a by a few poorly-timed cocktails. Frank and I actually grew up in the same town but we went to different finishing schools. While I've succeeded in hiding my Raritan roots, Frank went on to become Menlo Park Mall arcade bully turned mob enforcer.

We're all big Rifftrax/MST3K fans. Danny and Frank saw recent incarnations of both. Frank saw the MST3K reunion in San Francisco and Danny went to the Cinematic Titanic Live show in Boston. Both weekends I stayed home and bench-pressed stuff. Have you seen MST3K: Time Chasers? Hilarious.

Glad you liked the show. The sound quality is always a roll of the dice since our current setup is pretty jury rigged. We have to update it. And the cursing stays!

dlobro1080

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
Hey TE,

This is Dan from the show.  Thanks for actually listening, man.  (For the record, I was born and raised in Brooklyn/Staten Island -- my accent does peek through every now and then.)

And I hate to ask, but what the hell -- If you're at all inclined, would you mind essentially copy and pasting your review in this thread over at iTunes as a review?  iTunes reviews really help shows like ours show up higher in search at iTunes, and we're starved for them.

Either way, thanks so much for checking it out!

Best,
Dan

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »
Hey TE,

This is Dan from the show.  Thanks for actually listening, man.  (For the record, I was born and raised in Brooklyn/Staten Island -- my accent does peek through every now and then.)

And I hate to ask, but what the hell -- If you're at all inclined, would you mind essentially copy and pasting your review in this thread over at iTunes as a review?  iTunes reviews really help shows like ours show up higher in search at iTunes, and we're starved for them.

Either way, thanks so much for checking it out!

Best,
Dan

Sorry man I don't have a iTunes account but I'll keep listening if that helps.

dlobro1080

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21:28 AM »
Yeah that would be awesome -- thanks!