Author Topic: People in Boston are dumb douche-drinking dummies.....  (Read 4214 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
People in Boston are dumb douche-drinking dummies.....
« on: February 01, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »
http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_031135507.html
Watch the clips.  The Keller clip is classic.  What a fucko.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: People in Boston are dumb douche-drinking dummies.....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »
It resulted in more publicity than ATHF could've probably ever hoped for!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »
lolz They blurred out the little middle finger at the end.  Morons.  How could anyone mistake that for a bomb?  I hate Boston.  Cambridge is ok though, except for all the pretentious hippy douchbag college dildo frat fuckwad ballbags.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
[youtube=425,350]k8oUjBy5uhU[/youtube]

ha
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 02:35:52 AM »
Got to take issue with your subject assertion here, CPM. True, Mayor Mumbles Menino is a dumb, douche-drinking dummy (not to mention an illiterate, douche-spewing one), and the reaction of the authorities was completely fucktarded, but the Boston-dissing that you invited (and that this thread subsequently received) was way off base. I've lived in Boston by choice for the last 15 years, and while my litany of complaints about this place would dwarf any of the dumb, douche-drinking dummy, broad-brush potshots that splooped up on this thread, I still can't imagine living anywhere else. I know this shit made Boston look stupid; I woke up to a voicemail that day from a friend of mine in Philly laughing at me, and by the time I checked my email later that day, it included a message from another friend in Detroit who simply asked, "So how lame is Boston?"

I guess the answer is, fuck, I just live here. And despite all the idiotic leadership that makes us look bad (as Boston's Weekly Dig stated in January when we finally wiped our hands of Governor Mitt Romney, "He's your problem now, America!"), the shitty frat boy baggage that comes with any city that has college students in its demographic makeup (do you think I LIKE fighting for space on the train with these douchebags -- for the record, a shit ton of whom come from Long Island -- when I'm just trying to get home from my shit-paying job?), and (while it wasn't yet mentioned) the money-driven gentrification that continues to push the real soul of our greater metropolitan area further to the fringes (Kenmore Square is long dead), I know that most nights of the week in my city I can find some of the best, homegrown, original live music on the planet (at this point, I should probably thank New York for thinning the Boston herd by attracting most of the deluded wannabees to Williamsburg so they could cultivate their dreams of indie rock stardom and cocaine habits elsewhere). I also know that if I turn on my radio in the Boston area at any time, no matter what day it is, I can find something that doesn't make me want to wrap my car around a telephone pole (try living in Rhode Island for awhile). As petty as those two prior points may seem, they are enough (though not all the reasons I have) to make me stay here in Boston. Do I sound like a dumb, douche-drinking dummy to you?
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:21:46 AM »
Got to take issue with your subject assertion here, CPM. True, Mayor Mumbles Menino is a dumb, douche-drinking dummy (not to mention an illiterate, douche-spewing one), and the reaction of the authorities was completely fucktarded, but the Boston-dissing that you invited (and that this thread subsequently received) was way off base. I've lived in Boston by choice for the last 15 years, and while my litany of complaints about this place would dwarf any of the dumb, douche-drinking dummy, broad-brush potshots that splooped up on this thread, I still can't imagine living anywhere else. I know this shit made Boston look stupid; I woke up to a voicemail that day from a friend of mine in Philly laughing at me, and by the time I checked my email later that day, it included a message from another friend in Detroit who simply asked, "So how lame is Boston?"

I guess the answer is, fuck, I just live here. And despite all the idiotic leadership that makes us look bad (as Boston's Weekly Dig stated in January when we finally wiped our hands of Governor Mitt Romney, "He's your problem now, America!"), the shitty frat boy baggage that comes with any city that has college students in its demographic makeup (do you think I LIKE fighting for space on the train with these douchebags -- for the record, a shit ton of whom come from Long Island -- when I'm just trying to get home from my shit-paying job?), and (while it wasn't yet mentioned) the money-driven gentrification that continues to push the real soul of our greater metropolitan area further to the fringes (Kenmore Square is long dead), I know that most nights of the week in my city I can find some of the best, homegrown, original live music on the planet (at this point, I should probably thank New York for thinning the Boston herd by attracting most of the deluded wannabees to Williamsburg so they could cultivate their dreams of indie rock stardom and cocaine habits elsewhere). I also know that if I turn on my radio in the Boston area at any time, no matter what day it is, I can find something that doesn't make me want to wrap my car around a telephone pole (try living in Rhode Island for awhile). As petty as those two prior points may seem, they are enough (though not all the reasons I have) to make me stay here in Boston. Do I sound like a dumb, douche-drinking dummy to you?
obviously not every person in Boston is a dumb, douche-drinking dummy.  I have family in Boston.  I like Boston.  Boston has a lot of douche-drinkers.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
Doesn't everyplace have a lot of douche drinkers?  Such is my experience, anyway.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
Doesn't everyplace have a lot of douche drinkers?  Such is my experience, anyway.
I can name 9 other cities that have less than Boston.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »
CPM: Name those cities!!!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
CPM: Name those cities!!!

OK, I'll try. 

Toronto
Seattle
San Francisco (wait, no, cross that one off)
Stockholm
Copenhagen
Minneapolis
Madison, WI
maybe Austin, TX
Barcelona?  nah...
Vancouver

Feel free to disagree.  Let the arguing begin.

Anyway, in Boston, you've got a city crammed to the gills with Boston Red Sox fans (enough said right there) as well as some of the most chauvinistic people I've ever encountered.  Parochialism runs rampant in a city that should have no excuse for that problem whatsoever.  Other than that, Boston's fine. 

Which makes me realize -- aren't most cities in the US in far worse shape than Boston, vis-a-vis dumb douche-drinking dummies?  If I were sentenced to live there for the rest of my life, I'd probably come to realize that things could be far, far worse.  To wit:

Dallas
Houston
Atlanta
Washington, DC (I hate to say it -- maybe it will be ok again in a couple of years)
Salt Lake City
Detroit
Oklahoma City

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:36 PM »
are people replying to this without checking out the original link?  there seems to be a little confusion.

the 9 cities are the other cities the AQHF ad campaign were in without the bomb squad being called.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 09:40:35 AM »
"It's nothing to be terrified over, it's a lite brite."

That was my second favorite part.

The first being, "did they really think, in the post 9 11 world, blah blah blah." Do most Americans really think terrorism started on sept 11th?

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »
it didn't ??

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 12:37:13 PM »
it didn't ??
Terrorism started in grade school.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."