Author Topic: Open letter to Zach Galifianakis  (Read 6625 times)

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Open letter to Zach Galifianakis
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
I thought the reference to Billy Walsh was ironic.

scratchbomb

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »
i find someone obsessed with policing other people's artistic "purity" by their own standards far more disturbing than someone who would act in a potentially crappy blockbuster for a large paycheck.

if you're talking about getting paid to do something morally reprehensible, yes, that's bad. but nobody's ever been killed or maimed or even put out of work by a movie, no matter how crappy.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »
So Billy Walsh from 'Entourage' came up with the whole 'suits' thing? I did not know that.

Also, Zach should cash in big time, good for him. I'm not going to hate a guy for making a couple bucks.

Stopped reading here:

It happens regularly: A comedy performer has an unexpected hit and his flavor-of-the-month-ness attracts the “suits” (as Billy Walsh called them on “Entourage”)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »
Suits probably was ironic, I just don't know anything about this Entourage thing although I watched it once or twice when it was on after the Sopranos.

So Billy Walsh from 'Entourage' came up with the whole 'suits' thing? I did not know that.

Also, Zach should cash in big time, good for him. I'm not going to hate a guy for making a couple bucks.

Stopped reading here:

It happens regularly: A comedy performer has an unexpected hit and his flavor-of-the-month-ness attracts the “suits” (as Billy Walsh called them on “Entourage”)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
im late, but ill throw my two cents in:

a number of "alternative" comedians have done their time before ending up in some form of blockbuster hit.  theres nothing wrong with cashing in on your hard work, but no one should be chastised for it.

not to mention, i dont understand what the big deal is??

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »
It's only a big deal if you're a huge snobby snob.
from the land of pleasant living

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »
but nobody's ever been killed or maimed or even put out of work by a movie that Werner Herzog wasn't involved with, no matter how crappy.

Fixed.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »
I hope "The Ninth Hangover" is just as hilarious as the first eight!

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 11:42:52 PM »
Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well for DfK's 2483rd post.

BURN
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
nobody's ever been killed or maimed or even put out of work by a movie, no matter how crappy.
It could bore you to death.
veni dixie vici

scratchbomb

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »
nobody's ever been killed or maimed or even put out of work by a movie, no matter how crappy.

You'd probably walk out of the theatre or eject the DVD before then, no? Allowing yourself to be bored to death in such a manner would take a huge amount of will, like trying to drown yourself in a bathtub.

I guess I should have qualified my statement, because people have died and been hurt on the sets of movies (crappy and otherwise). But I doubt anyone's been killed by watching a crappy movie.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »

You'd probably walk out of the theatre or eject the DVD before then, no? Allowing yourself to be bored to death in such a manner would take a huge amount of will, like trying to drown yourself in a bathtub.

I guess I should have qualified my statement, because people have died and been hurt on the sets of movies (crappy and otherwise). But I doubt anyone's been killed by watching a crappy movie.

What if I started yawning and couldn't stop?  My mouth would be open and air would be releasing out of my body, but no new air would be entering it.  Couldn't I suffocate myself?
veni dixie vici

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:36 PM »

What if I started yawning and couldn't stop?  My mouth would be open and air would be releasing out of my body, but no new air would be entering it.  Couldn't I suffocate myself?

Is that rhetorical, or are you asking permission?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »

Maybe it's a Mitch Hedberg-esque bit.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

Maybe it's a Mitch Hedberg-esque bit.

Who's up for doing the infinitely-nested quote thing again?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!