Author Topic: Roll call.  (Read 24080 times)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
Re: Roll call.
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
Trade books? If you don't mind me asking: who do you work for? I'd be so excited if there was a FOT in my building...

i immediately thought of you when Auntie Christina mentioned she worked in the book industry.  no, i didnt forget...we were eating pizza!

Ha good remembories!*  What I remember is that pizza being delicous! And putting my NY/NJ pizza snobbery to shame. 

I'm a Family Circus character.

did it really?  well, thats flattering to know.  i'll make it to NY/NJ one day, you'll have to let your pizza snob flag fly.  also, too bad you and Farmer Thomas wont make it to Gonerfest this year. 

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
I intend to attend. If public transportation is kind enough to me.

mattmaher

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »
I will be there! ;D I'm so excited! Last time was a blast!

CharredBronson

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »
I'm really on the fence about this.  Public transport from where I am is kind of a pain, and there's no way I'm convincing the wife to go out on a tuesday.  It IS only twenty minutes away though.

Do most people go by themselves to this thing and hope some kind of juggalo family vibe takes over?

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »
I will be there.

Jason

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
I'm really on the fence about this.  Public transport from where I am is kind of a pain, and there's no way I'm convincing the wife to go out on a tuesday.  It IS only twenty minutes away though.

Do most people go by themselves to this thing and hope some kind of juggalo family vibe takes over?

Yeah, people go by themselves. The last two times friendships were forged and romances were sparked.
I ended up building some scenery for a guy I met at the first one, that was two years ago and a month ago he threw a party for his son's baptism in my garden.

Edit- where do you live? Maybe you could get a ride with somebody.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »
I'm really on the fence about this.  Public transport from where I am is kind of a pain, and there's no way I'm convincing the wife to go out on a tuesday.  It IS only twenty minutes away though.

I'm going by myself. I've never met anyone from here in real life, so I'm a little nervous too. Hopefully everyone will be as nice in real life as they are on here.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »
im still holding out for the last second when cash magically appears in my bank account and i show up, surprising everyone.

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »
I'll be there.

tits mcgee

• Policemans heel
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »
take a lot of pix/video please :(

If a rash develops, discontinue use.

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2009, 01:26:56 AM »
Okay. My only class on Tuesday, we're watching "Good Will Hunting."

Quick straw poll: Should I skip this class or should I totally skip this class?

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
About going by yourself: I would recommend it.
I went to two comedy events that a bunch of people from ComedyZone went to and there were efforts to meet up. The time I was alone it was great, but it is a little weird to be introducing people who know to people you electronically kind of know. It makes an awkward at first situation an awkward the whole time situation.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »
there is family vibe that comes with this board if youre on long enough.  even if youre not on the board that long, there are an adequate amount of FOT who will make you feel WELCOME, beyond what you could imagine from a "stranger". 

i love this board and i love the FOT.  trust me, you'll feel alone for about two seconds before youre shaking hands and taking names. 

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
I will be attending with Zookeeper Joe (who actually made his call about the mountain lion while at the last meet up). Only a few more days...

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »
Can someone bring a friend, who's not a FOT, equip him/her with a headset, and have him/her hook up a webcam to his/her glasses, then connect it to either a phone or a laptop with wifi and stream the video and audio feed to me while I'm on Skype instructing the dummy (as it were) what to say, do and drink? thx