Author Topic: Sadness  (Read 15385 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Sadness
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
Post here if you're sad that you can't go. I don't have enough vacation time to take off any days that week :( Some day... some day I will make it....
from the land of pleasant living

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Sadness
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
I have tons of vacation time, I get almost 8 weeks a year, but sadly I lack the funds.  Sad sad sad.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
It sucks. Hopefully next year, I'll have the time to go.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Jason

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »
Erika, call in sick.
AkaJudge, beg, borrow or steal the money.
There are no excuses, you will regret this for the rest of your life.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »
Post here if you're sad that you can't go. I don't have enough vacation time to take off any days that week :( Some day... some day I will make it....

I think the only logical solution to this problem is to just go and push your boss.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »
If I weren't taking the entire week off the week before, I probably could swing it. But I don't accrue hours that quickly  :-\

I'm already -13 hours in sick time. (Out of +40)

Some day I will meet you people in person!
from the land of pleasant living

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 02:51:03 PM »
The lack of any mention of helicopter rides was a deal breaker with me.

That, and my location. I will be there in spirit. As a matter of fact, I'll get started on that right now.
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

betheboy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »
I have the means and the vacation time to get to NJ but I am working on a project that requires me to be here in LA (where I live) during the day.  My wife has encouraged me to drop everything and go but I just can't leave work undone. 

I have been wondering if it's a dumb idea to try to set up a small satellite meet up for Los Angeles area FOT's? Perhaps FOT's in other cites could follow suit and we can have a National FOT Night. Not sure if anyone in LA or elsewhere would be interested in this.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
I definitely have the time, but not the money. Not this time.

emma

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 10:56:58 PM »
No carpool, no feasible greyhound, no money for unfeasible greyhound. SADNESS.

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »
I have been wondering if it's a dumb idea to try to set up a small satellite meet up for Los Angeles area FOT's?

Perhaps something could be arranged with the relocated PFT and the Los Angeles chapter of the Spike fan club.
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 12:30:41 AM »
I have been wondering if it's a dumb idea to try to set up a small satellite meet up for Los Angeles area FOT's?

Perhaps something could be arranged with the relocated PFT and the Los Angeles chapter of the Spike fan club.

We should do a Pacific NW satellite meet up but we don't actually meet up, we'll just acknowledge that a meet up is going on at the same time as we preserve our anonymity in front of our computers. Anyone? 
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

betheboy

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 01:26:05 AM »

I would buy a drink for PFT and any member of the LA Spike Fanclub.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 12:53:58 AM »
Three days earlier and this would be completely possible for me, but classes start in Boston that very day. Hoping for a next time!

DoodleJump!

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:19:56 AM »
I would have to skip work and class, which truthfully I would be willing to do if I wasn't already planning a NY trip for the WFMU record fair in October, for which I have drastically cut back my my day-to-day spending in order to save money. Win some, lose some.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump