Author Topic: acrowars  (Read 16072 times)

Laurie

Re: acrowars
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
I'm taking my iMac into the Apple store today. If the so-called Geniuses can figure out what's causing my computer's sleep disturbances by next Tuesday, you can count me in.

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
I'd play

Sarah

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
That's four, if the geniuses do right by Laurie.  Shall we say 8 p.m. next Tuesday?  If there's a show after all, we can just wait till 11 as usual. 

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »
Sounds good to me.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:17 PM »
what is this acrowars you guys speak of?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
http://www.acrowars.com/fot

How to play: There are ten rounds to a game. At the beginning of each round, you are prompted with a group of random letters (example from the acro site: KBOG). The goal is to use those letters in sequence as the initials in a sentence (or phrase or sometimes merely a mish-mash of words if you're uninspired; the example on the acro site is "Killer Beetle Overthrows Government"). After sixty seconds, all the acros that were successfully submitted are displayed. You then vote for the acro you like best (not your own). You must vote to win points.  For each vote you get, you get a point.  At the end of ten rounds, the two players with the most points (or more, if there's been a tie) have a face-off round (same rules apply as before). After the face-off round, the person with the most total votes wins that game.

Grimlock

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 09:54:03 PM »
http://www.acrowars.com/fot

How to play: There are ten rounds to a game. At the beginning of each round, you are prompted with a group of random letters (example from the acro site: KBOG). The goal is to use those letters in sequence as the initials in a sentence (or phrase or sometimes merely a mish-mash of words if you're uninspired; the example on the acro site is "Killer Beetle Overthrows Government"). After sixty seconds, all the acros that were successfully submitted are displayed. You then vote for the acro you like best (not your own). You must vote to win points.  For each vote you get, you get a point.  At the end of ten rounds, the two players with the most points (or more, if there's been a tie) have a face-off round (same rules apply as before). After the face-off round, the person with the most total votes wins that game.

you forgot to mention that you get extra points if you refer, either explicitly or obliquely, to "having a giant  member."

Sarah

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 06:40:53 AM »
Jeez, way to ruin things for us veterans, Grimlock.  I was trying to give us an edge.  Damn.

Grimlock

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »
Jeez, way to ruin things for us veterans, Grimlock.  I was trying to give us an edge.  Damn.

With all this talk about an member's only FOT board, secret handshakes, etc., I thought it best to do my part to bring equality and justice to the world board.

Grimlock, the Democratizer