Author Topic: WFMU Blog  (Read 2860 times)

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
WFMU Blog
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »
As a gift to Jason, and in recognition of his contributions to the FOT universe, this thread will henceforth be given over entriely to zings involving the WFMU Blog.

Q: What's the difference between the WFMU Blog and my cat's litterbox?

A: Even when the litterbox is completely loaded with crap, it never contains Uncle Wiggly tour diaries.

~EmD

PS: Yo mama's so dumb, she thinks the 365 Days Project is a form of birth control.
"You said it. I didn't."

Jason

Re: WFMU Blog
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
Hey don't drag me into this.
What's next? Beating up cripples?

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »
How about a weekly digest of cripple-beating on the Internet?

~EmD
"You said it. I didn't."

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:19:33 PM »
You mean such a thing does not yet exist???

Jason

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:46:42 PM »
I found the article on Christian comedy incredibly absorbing. I was there for hours checking out all the links.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/02/mike_warnke_and.html#more

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »
As a gift to Jason, and in recognition of his contributions to the FOT universe, this thread will henceforth be given over entriely to zings involving the WFMU Blog.

Q: What's the difference between the WFMU Blog and my cat's litterbox?

A: Even when the litterbox is completely loaded with crap, it never contains Uncle Wiggly tour diaries.

That's much better than a similar joke which I've been fond of telling since my childhood:

Q: What's the difference between a bowl of shit and the WFMU Blog?
A: The Bowl.

That said, I'll throw myself into the woodchipper for you all by admitting that I really enjoy the WFMU Blog. I don't get the point of "This Week in Sex", though (and I'm a big afficionado of sex, btw), but they can't all be winners. eh?

I do think that as of late, the blog is suffering from the curse of popularity. Seems like the blog is always making the front pages of Boing Boing, Waxy Links and Metafilter, so I'm sure there's a bit of pressure to continually spew out "neat" things for non-FMU-listening, RSS reading dorks to latch on to. The signal-to-noise ratio is slowly getting suckier and suckier.

So to WFMU's Beware of the Blog, I say: DIAL IT DOWN A NOTCH!