Author Topic: Photos and Video from The Gathering Of the FOT 2009  (Read 29905 times)

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Photos and Video from The Gathering Of the FOT 2009
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
To see all my photos go here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107864&id=560743400&l=8579f1059b

The man himself.

Officer Tom and the Underling

Terre T of the Cherry Blossom Clinic on WFMU confers with Officer Tom and his Underling at the "merch table."

Faygo is served at all the finer Gatherings of The FOT.

The place was packed.

Officer Tom arm wrestles FOT Emily.

Tom arrives after his broadcast.

Philly Boy Roy (Jon Wurster) mugs for the camera as he readies himself to take the stage.

Tom take the stage. The huge crowd loves it.

Philly Boy Roy getting his last minute preparations right before he hits the stage.

Philly Boy Roy approaches the stage with his boom box blaring the theme from Rocky.

Tom and PBR in a rare public appearance together.

John Hodgeman or Max (Macs) as PBR called him takes the stage with Tom and PBR.

John talks about Toms "real" feelings toward the fans. "they take and they take."

The overflowing crowd just loves it.

AP Mike take the stage with Tom to discuss the merits of Intervention Vs Hoarders.

Ted Leo takes the stage. Tom sings along. Among the songs Ted performed were The World Is In The Toilet, Backseat Of My Car, and a duet with Jon Wurster of Rock and Roll Dreams Will Come Through (see video).

A FOT cupcake. They were yummy!

A box of FOT cupcakes.

Minding the "Merch" table. Everything was free here.

The merch given out for free at the merch table included tickets for the event, badges, and stickers.

Tom with the Z Man and his puppet Wally Wackiman.

AP Mike with MC Steinberg.

Jason Grote.

Yours truly with the great man himself. Tom said he was going to mold me for this photograph.

The Iron Monkey. Just around the corner from WFMU's studios. A really nice place with great food and drink.

I have to say that this Gathering Of The FOT exceeded all my expectations. I had the time of my life and I met some really cool people including Jon From Maplewood and Lisa Jane Persky, both of whom I had great conversions with.
Hours later and I'm still on a high. I hope we don't have to wait 2 years for another. This was like the World's Fair of FOT!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVt6d0zKu10[/youtube]

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Photos and Video from The Gathering Of the FOT 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Great photos! Thanks a lot!
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

betheboy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »
Wow, amazing stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
Stellar!  It's good your photos came out, because mine look like grainy yeti sightings from "In Search Of..."

Also, great to meet you last night, Harold.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »
Great to meet you too Jon.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »
I had a great time as well.
It was nice to meet many FOTs. I was shocked at how many came through. I bought nametags at 9 for people and thought that getting 75 nametags would be overkill and ran out very quickly.

A flickr group should be started for photos.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:23:02 AM »
Who made those "OBOY" stickers? I cracked up laughing when I saw them.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
I think those were the work of KickTheBobo.  As I said on FB, Harold, thanks for the credit but I don't deserve it - beyond showing up, I didn't do anything to help.  It was a great event, though.  And great photos!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »
Actually, Grote did propose an experimental theater workshop but he was voted down.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
I think those were the work of KickTheBobo.  As I said on FB, Harold, thanks for the credit but I don't deserve it - beyond showing up, I didn't do anything to help.  It was a great event, though.  And great photos!

Was it KTB? I thought I heard a woman's name mentioned for the Fairey-style Oboy stickers and poster.

Oh and by the way, Jason, I neglected to come up and shake your hand last night and I regret it.  Coulda shoulda woulda.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »
Great photos and thanks for posting them so quick. Again, wish I could have gone.

(Just a note - It's Hodgman, not Hodgeman. Saw it on the Facebook ones too.)
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »

I think I know I got mixed up. It was Jason who had posted all the original threads about The Gathering. I guess I thought he was you.
My bad.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
I just sent you an almost-identical note on Twitter, Jon.  I really do hope we get to meet in person one of these days.  I got a visiting-artist gig in Montclair in the spring, so maybe there's a coffee in our future.

No worries, Harold, I just don't want to take credit for the original Jason's hard work.

I could be wrong about KTB and the OBOY sticker.  It happens sometimes, even to me!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

betheboy

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »
The video of Ted Leo and PBR makes me so ridiculously happy that I just can't stop watching it. 

DoodleJump!

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
I love these pictures! Thanks so much for posting them. It made me happy, and even though I didn't get to go, it makes me happy that everyone else had such a fantastic time.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump