Author Topic: Swag suggestions  (Read 3521 times)

Sarah

Swag suggestions
« on: February 21, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
Okay, I need help.  Which premiums should I choose?  I need to pick a total of seven.  And what should my backup warehouse prizes be (my first choice is a Best Show T-shirt)?  Finally, does anyone know whether it's acceptable to double up on a premium (I share the show with a sister who suffers dreadfully from a lack of access to WFMU, and I'd like to get her Tom's premium as well as asking for it for myself).

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Swag suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »
I'd like to get Tom's premium, but I don't think I can afford $75 dollars.  I should have started saving a while ago.

Sarah

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
Now I feel guilty.  If the rules allow it, maybe I should just get seven Best Show premiums and distribute five of them to needy FOT.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
Now I feel guilty.  If the rules allow it, maybe I should just get seven Best Show premiums and distribute five of them to needy FOT.

Can you get me a bumper sticker too, Sarah?  That $10 level is kinda steep. 

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »
Poor baby.  You can have mine--I don't have a car.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 10:42:29 PM »
Wow Sarah that's super generous of you. I have the feeling that if you're pledging 7 premiums (and this is just how i see it) that WFMU would forgive you for making a copy of one premium cd for your sister.

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »
I ain't that generous (or rich), emily.  No, I was thinking that, since one is entitled to seven DJ premiums for a mouse pledge, maybe I could get seven of Tom's and share the wealth among less fortunate (or spendthrift) FOT.  But I need to see if this would be allowed by the FMU powers-that-be.  And, of course, I won't do it if there aren't enough people who can't manage the donation and so would otherwise be crying themselves to sleep knowing they missed out on Tom's marathon CD.  Plus I wouldn't want to discourage people from donating $75 who otherwise would were it not for the possibility of getting the CD from me.

Newsflash:  I've just received permission from Megan to request seven Best Show premiums when I make my mouse pledge.  I'll want to keep two--one for me and one for my sister--but that will leave five for any of you who can't manage a $75 donation.  PM me before March 13 if you're interested.  And don't reduce the amount of your pledge just because you know you can get the premium from me.  That would make me feel guilty again.

Jason

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:36 AM »
Sarah, you are this week's Super-Poster.

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
Do I get a gold star?

Stan

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »
Do I get a gold star?

Yes you do.

[youtube=425,350]vvKU2MUlzR4[/youtube]

Ugh. It's still not working, so here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKU2MUlzR4
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Sarah

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 09:45:47 AM »
You know, when I was wee, one of my nicknames was "Computer," so this is more appropriate than you may have realized.

P.S.  No takers so far, but it's early days yet.

Stan

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 01:15:09 PM »
 Thanks for the edit, Jason. I get it now.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."