Author Topic: Calling All Cartoonists  (Read 1191 times)

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Calling All Cartoonists
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
from Holmes at the http://www.barnaclepress.com/:

I’m guessing that there are a fair amount of comickers who follow our li’l site, and I’d like to ask a favor of them. I’ve got a board game that I’ve designed, and I’m looking for some spot illustrations for the cards. There are 45 cards to illustrate, so I’m looking for as many folks to contribute as I can find. Do one card, do five, anything you can contribute would be appreciated and will really help!

Catches? Oh, I’ve got a handful of catches… Firstly, there’s no money in this deal. I’m looking for folks who love to draw, who love old stuff, and who love Barnacle Press. Next, I need these illustrations by this coming Monday, the 16th of November, one week from this very moment! I’m heading to the wonderful BoardGameGeek.con convention next Wednesday, and I need to assemble my game to bring along.

The upside? Well, I think that any follower of this site will find the subject matter to their liking. It should really be a lot of fun to draw these things, and I’m just looking for black and white cartoon portraits of people. No wild action, no backgrounds. The end result will be a Creative Commons licensed, free print ‘n’ play board game that will be available here at Barnacle Press. And a plus: it’s actually a really fun game!

If you’d be interested in lending your pen to my cause, drop me a line with a link to your work, and I’ll send you a link with more information: my name is Holmes, this site is BarnaclePress.com. I’ll wager you can figure out my email address…