Author Topic: To Call or Not  (Read 5855 times)

thecoz77

• Plantar Fasciitis
To Call or Not
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »
I listen to some Best Show podcast on my way to work and my 4 year old daughter is with me for a little bit before I drop her at school. She is begging me to call the show. Should I do it? I do not want the heave ho. What are some dos and don'ts if I call. I know not to be named Spike or Larry is a start.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: To Call or Not
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:10:27 PM »
I listen to some Best Show podcast on my way to work and my 4 year old daughter is with me for a little bit before I drop her at school. She is begging me to call the show. Should I do it? I do not want the heave ho. What are some dos and don'ts if I call. I know not to be named Spike or Larry is a start.

"Seasons don't fear the Heave-Ho."

Tell Tom you're a first time caller and you are nervous.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain.

Kudos to BOC for using "nor," anti-kudos for the use of or following nor.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
I think with Spike in the meatlocker there's that whole 'first caller' slot just begging to be filled.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:36 PM »
I think with Spike in the meatlocker there's that whole 'first caller' slot just begging to be filled.
To call or not to call that is a question.

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain.

Kudos to BOC for using "nor," anti-kudos for the use of or following nor.

Actually, "neither does the wind" would have been correct, followed by either "nor the sun, nor the rain" or "nor the sun and the rain."

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
I can't believe you're worried about the neither/nor issue when there are 20,000 suicide pacts between lovers happening every day.

Maybe the first call of the week can be a first-time caller showcase now that Spike has been frozen and placed on a hook. Which was probably the only appropriate way for Spike to go out.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
I can't believe you're worried about the neither/nor issue when there are 20,000 suicide pacts between lovers happening every day.

Maybe the first call of the week can be a first-time caller showcase now that Spike has been frozen and placed on a hook. Which was probably the only appropriate way for Spike to go out.

I like that idea. Mike could pick a different 1st time caller every week. Although on the other-hand, putting amateur hour at the show lead-in could really drive away the new listeners, which would be quite the bad thing.

Maybe new caller showcase at 10:30pm?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »

I like that idea. Mike could pick a different 1st time caller every week. Although on the other-hand, putting amateur hour at the show lead-in could really drive away the new listeners, which would be quite the bad thing.

With a Clock?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »

With a Clock?

or a gong.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
We can be like they are.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »
We can be like they are.

Come on Buffy...

Sarah

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
We'll be able to fly.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

Wait - Spike's calls are always first by Tom's design and not Spike?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

Wait - Spike's calls are always first by Tom's design and not Spike?

No!