Author Topic: The Thick Of It  (Read 8360 times)

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
The Thick Of It
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
Does anybody watch this show at the moment and does agree with me that the new minister-lady is a not a good cast and not a good whipping boy at all measuring to Hugh? Or do you actually like the third season better?

Jason

Re: The Thick Of It
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
I like her a lot. I don't know if you do or don't know anything about UK politics but she's an analogous composite of at least three female ministers.
It's without a doubt one of the sharpest shows on TV today.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »
Thanks, BBCAmerica, for showing literally none of the best British TV has to offer.

And thanks for limitless hours of British home and clothing reality shows.  Good job, people.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »
Jason's got it.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 03:56:20 AM »

"This could be from anyone."

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 04:48:36 AM »
I like her a lot. I don't know if you do or don't know anything about UK politics but she's an analogous composite of at least three female ministers.
It's without a doubt one of the sharpest shows on TV today.

Well, i have to say that i do not follow UK politics but if you say she is based on people in the current administration i will do a bit of reading to see how well this is done. Guardian-homepage here i come.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »

"This could be from anyone."

Okay, that got me on board. Where can I get this show?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »
First season plus a couple of specials are out on DVD (R2). With some minimal sleuthing you can find all seasons (S1 + the specials (S2) + the ongoing S3) online as torrents and such.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »
I don't get a lot (ok, most) of the references to specific people but even factoring those out the writing is still brilliant.  I thought the new season dipped a little in eps 2 & 3 but the return of the opposition party has been great.  I miss Jamie though, even though it probably doesn't make much sense for him to be there.

Jason

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »
www.thebox.bz is a good place to download it and any other British TV shows, I have a barce of invites so hit me up if you need one.
The majority of BBC America shows aren't even BBC shows, it's a separate entity that uses the BBC brand, they show ITV, Channel 4 and and a lot of Channel 5 shows (read cheap shit).

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »
First season plus a couple of specials are out on DVD (R2). With some minimal sleuthing you can find all seasons (S1 + the specials (S2) + the ongoing S3) online as torrents and such.

wait, is North America region 1? I really need to buy one of them Region free players. I've been meaning to for years.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »

wait, is North America region 1? I really need to buy one of them Region free players. I've been meaning to for years.

Yes! We're #1! We're #1!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »

Yes! We're #1! We're #1!

And that was your 1000th post! Good times!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 10:43:33 AM »
Yes, awesome 1000th post, Bryan!

Yes, America: R1
Europe: R2
Rest of the world: who cares

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!