Author Topic: Intervention/Hoarders  (Read 20815 times)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Intervention/Hoarders
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
The new season kicks off tonight. Intervention features a crazy pill popper and a foot chase after the intervention (always a good sign) while Hoarders features a bunch of formerly "missing" flattened dead pet cats. Good stuff!
See God, Kai

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Intervention/Hoarders
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
You can stack the cats better when they're flattened.

mizzfair

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:29:21 PM »
Hoaders have become so mainstream that the Today Show did a story on a woman who had so much stuff she didn't know if opossums lived in her house.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:45:33 PM »
There were some good British hoarders on the How Clean Is Your House that I've seen on BBC America.

Also, have you seen this:
http://www.vimeo.com/603058

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
Mike, I didn't tune in this week. Was it worth it? Should I watch online? Last season of Intervention just didn't *grab* me the way the classics do... I look to you for guidance.
from the land of pleasant living

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
Last night's episode was worth seeing, Erika. It featured a former Hollywood extra with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (a rare disease that causes joint dislocation) who got hooked on fentanyl "lollipops" (I love how Intervention keeps finding people hooked on stuff you've never heard of before). The fentanyl had made her completely insane and paranoid. Also, when her hips went out of whack, she would get down on the ground, no matter where she was (in one scene she's on a neighbor's lawn), and spread her legs as far as she could (very peculiar behavior!). There was also a long-suffering brother (the hero of the show), a deluded Mom, screaming, and a foot chase through a parking lot! What else could you ask for?!
See God, Kai

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »
Jesus! I can't wait. I may have to watch during my lunch break! Fentanyl lolipops!

Is Van Vonderen back this season for good??

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »
I don't know, Erika. I just assume it's one day at a time for all of them.
See God, Kai

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
The only part of that show that didn't make me want to gargle salt water was when her brother, who had been waiting on her hand and foot for eight years and was walking the razor's edge himself, was the one to tackle her in the parking lot.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »
Hoarders is a cheap replacement for Obsessed. I'm just sayin.

Also, I once had a hoarding room. You could walk in it, but it was pretty fucking bad. I also had a stack of magazines that took up an entire dining room table. The shame these people feel is real. It's like you can't stop piling the stuff on, but the piles give you anxiety (I used to have nightmares about my own stuff) and you are too embarrassed to have anyone come and help you clean it up. I eventually just threw everything away.

My husband keeps me clean now.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
The only part of that show that didn't make me want to gargle salt water was when her brother, who had been waiting on her hand and foot for eight years and was walking the razor's edge himself, was the one to tackle her in the parking lot.

Excuse me, I quoted too soon, I missed the part where the dad read his letter. That was by far the best intervention letter!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:39 AM »
Last night, I watched Hoarders for the first and, most likely, last time. The entire episode was disturbing, but when they discovered the first flattened cat, I had to change the channel.

Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »
The entire episode was disturbing, but when they discovered the first flattened cat, I had to change the channel.

Wow.  I have never read a better reason to watch Hoarders.  Thanks for the recommendation, nec. 

one man's poison is another man's dessert.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
The entire episode was disturbing, but when they discovered the first flattened cat, I had to change the channel.

Wow.  I have never read a better reason to watch Hoarders.  Thanks for the recommendation, nec. 

one man's poison is another man's dessert.

Glad to help.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
The ones where the character is so obviously deranged are the tough ones.  However, she was also milking the insanity.  My nonexistent medical degree allowed me to make this diagnosis.

Plus that's the longest consecutive bleeping in the history of Intervention.  Also, the screaming.

I like when the older brother was yelling at her.  I would have yelled at her nonstop every day.  That would be how I would intervene.

I guess it's really hard to look at your kid and say, "My daughter is an absolutely batshit insane, extremely manipulative drug addict."  Much easier to pretend that the stereo speakers sometimes cause her joints to dislocate.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!