Author Topic: Intervention/Hoarders  (Read 20812 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Intervention/Hoarders
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
Hooray!  Intervention visits the South.

Best moment in the intro:  "Now he's like Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs crazy.

ADDENDUM:  Oh, hell.  Knightdale.  Knightdale is 45 minutes away.

Oh, hell again.  He's falling for 413 scams.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Kid Pain

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 08:35:36 AM »

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
I'm with you on that, buffcoat. I also like when Intervention heads to the South (Brittany, the Dilaudid addict, was also from the South). Great family dynamics down there. Greg, the morphine addict/internet sucker, was like Big Daddy from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof if Big Daddy ate morphine all day and fell prey to internet scam artists.
See God, Kai

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
I just hate that they don't seem to get the hoarders enough therapy. Two days is kind of a ridiculous time frame for emptying out the houses, really.

Also, not a fan of the four-foot pile of dirty adult diapers.
from the land of pleasant living

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
Nick Nolte looks like he's had a lot of work done, but he looks net better.  I can't tell you how shocking that is for me.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 11:26:45 AM »
Hoarders has inspired me.  Today, I went through my two-drawer filing cabinet and ruthlessly disposed of many of the papers there.  In days to come, I hope to tackle the crap that's hanging around upstairs (mainly, boxes and boxes of books I no longer feel attached to).  My dream is to be able to fit my personal life into a small box labeled "Please burn upon my death."

Anyone know where one can recycle old videotapes?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:15 AM »
Hoarders has inspired me.  Today, I went through my two-drawer filing cabinet and ruthlessly disposed of many of the papers there.  In days to come, I hope to tackle the crap that's hanging around upstairs (mainly, boxes and boxes of books I no longer feel attached to).  My dream is to be able to fit my personal life into a small box labeled "Please burn upon my death."

Anyone know where one can recycle old videotapes?

If they work I'll take 'em.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »
The shipping costs are a little daunting.  I've got several hundred.

Sarah

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
Although it might be worth it, to get rid of them.

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »
One thing I gotta say about this show is that it's amazing motivation for cleaning the house. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »
Maybe I'll go through the 37 gallon bag of "things" I took out of my car when I had to clean out the trunk last year... Now that I live with a neat guy I hide my hoarding/messes in bags and boxes around the house. It's pretty much under control but still feels silly to have a bag with various things in it that haven't been touched for a year. I think there's even an old cable box in there. Why? I have no fucking idea.

(Sarah, check this site out: http://www.greendisk.com/)
from the land of pleasant living

Sarah

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 08:18:17 PM »
Thanks, erika.  I think I found that site before but then had hopes of finding something local.  I may end up going that route--although if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I might as well send everything down to New Port Richey.

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »
Greg, the morphine addict/internet sucker, was like Big Daddy from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof if Big Daddy ate morphine all day and fell prey to internet scam artists.

I was sorta hoping the story would come full circle and Greg would become an internet scam artist of his own.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »
I'm taking a seminar on the representation of addiction in America next semester and "Intervention" is on the syllabus. Is Mike guest lecturing that week?

cordobafett

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
I'm with you on that, buffcoat. I also like when Intervention heads to the South (Brittany, the Dilaudid addict, was also from the South). Great family dynamics down there.

It was a true horrific moment in my life when I was watching this episode, and saw that the family was driving directly past the exit to my house on the way to get Brittany from downtown Birmingham. Not to mention the cheap motels right up the road where she would go to...perform.