Author Topic: Maria Bamford  (Read 2890 times)

Josh

• Space Champion!
Maria Bamford
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:41:01 PM »
Just got the new cd. Order it from her websight and she'll send you a photo with a customized message of your choosing (sort of).

"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

John Junk

Re: Maria Bamford
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »
what-what?
whut whut!
whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

Eric

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:01:18 PM »
That's a pretty cool thing to do. How do you like the CD? it seems that some comics are not as good when the visual component is taken out, I wasn't sure if she'd be one of them (Zach Galifianakis comes to mind). I've only seen her in the Comedians of Comedy movie.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:52:27 PM »
That's a pretty cool thing to do. How do you like the CD? I don't own many comedy CD's. it seems that some comics are not as good when the visual component is taken out, I wasn't sure if she'd be one of them (imagine Zach Galifianakis without his facial expressions). I've only seen her in the Comedians of Comedy movie.

Check out a few samples from How To Win here:

http://www.recidivism.org/2007/02/diet_coke_jerky.html
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 11:51:41 AM »
That's a pretty cool thing to do. How do you like the CD? I don't own many comedy CD's. it seems that some comics are not as good when the visual component is taken out, I wasn't sure if she'd be one of them (imagine Zach Galifianakis without his facial expressions). I've only seen her in the Comedians of Comedy movie.
It's very very funny. Her voice is so versatile that it's pretty easy to see the stage in your mind.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."