Author Topic: DC-area Jazz record shoppes?  (Read 795 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
DC-area Jazz record shoppes?
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm getting a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law and am planning on getting him a gift certificate to a record shoppe.  He mostly listens to jazz and the only shoppe I know of down there is Crooked Beat.  Is there anything like Chicago's Dusty Groove, which has a decent selection of used or reissued jazz LPs?  He has a turntable, but he's not a big collector type, and generally likes well-known bebop kind of stuff.  Thanks.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: DC-area Jazz record shoppes?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
Not sure about jazz specifically but I've seen some good reissues from labels like Mississippi Records at Red Onion, which is about 4 blocks down from Crooked Beat.  If he's willing to drive out to Rockville, Joe's Record Paradise is considered one of the best places for vinyl in the area.  I'm afraid he's probably not going to find anyplace like Dusty Groove though. 

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: DC-area Jazz record shoppes?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the recs, Chris L!  He does have a car, so I'll check out Joe's on the web.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.