Author Topic: Movies I don't recommend  (Read 14969 times)

Paul DePhiladelphia

Re: Movies I don't recommend
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
I don't believe I approve of Dakota Fanning growing up.
Also, say what you will, Kristen Stewart has great eyebrows.

Dakota Fanning looks weird but cute. I don't think she'll be a strong adult actor but in Hollywood that doesn't really matter.

And don't get me wrong, Kristen Stewart is gorgeous. It just stinks that she is aware of that too and works so hard to downplay it.

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »
Inception was good enough as a silly action movie, but don't come in expecting a well crafted storyline or good acting. I should have expected a movie this hyped up to be kind of dumb, but now I just have crushed expectations.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
Inception was good enough as a silly action movie, but don't come in expecting a well crafted storyline or good acting. I should have expected a movie this hyped up to be kind of dumb, but now I just have crushed expectations.

I thought it was great. AFK too. We saw it Tuesday and we are still talking about it. The only thing that would have made it better was Crispin Glover as the apothecary.

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
I don't know, it might have been my attitude going into it, or I might just be trying to be contrarian in the face of all of my film-geek friends, but the concept got stretched a little too far for me as soon as they started talking about limbo (wouldn't a sedative make you dream less?). Memento seemed so clever and simple to me, and this sprawled too much for me to enjoy it in the same way. I'll give it another try next week and see how it goes.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
I saw "Monsters" the other night. What a wacky movie. Someone decided to write a "relationship/love story" movie with bad dialog. And, oh yeah, extraterrestrial monsters destroying the world.  Almost as an afterthought. No one in this movie reacts to anything like a human being. Giant monsters are stomping on building a-la Godzilla but everyone seems pretty blase about it. One thing that made me crazy was this is another movie where they underestimate the intelligence of the audience. It's almost entirely set in Mexico but they felt the need to to make all the relavent signs (and there are a lot of signs in this movie) all in english. This really irritated me to the point where I'm sure my wife wanted to bop me one to shut me up about it. This movie is kind of boring which is hard to do with giant monsters stomping around. Wierd.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »
I saw "Monsters" the other night. What a wacky movie. Someone decided to write a "relationship/love story" movie with bad dialog. And, oh yeah, extraterrestrial monsters destroying the world.  Almost as an afterthought. No one in this movie reacts to anything like a human being. Giant monsters are stomping on building a-la Godzilla but everyone seems pretty blase about it. One thing that made me crazy was this is another movie where they underestimate the intelligence of the audience. It's almost entirely set in Mexico but they felt the need to to make all the relavent signs (and there are a lot of signs in this movie) all in english. This really irritated me to the point where I'm sure my wife wanted to bop me one to shut me up about it. This movie is kind of boring which is hard to do with giant monsters stomping around. Wierd.

huh. i liked that one quite a bit.

saw it at the Toronto Film Fest and the director mentioned, if I remember correctly, that a great deal of the dialogue was semi-improvised.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »
A great deal of my dialog is self-improvised. You see the results.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?