Author Topic: "Johnny from New Jersey" = Larry Da Perv?  (Read 19786 times)

misskcat

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: "Johnny from New Jersey" = Larry Da Perv?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
This guy Patrick from Aug. 2, 2005 TOTALLY sounds like LDP. Second call of the show around the 1:44 mark.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
Something I've noticed on this December 22, 2009 show is this thing that Tom does at the end of many of the callas. He does a "HUH" sound that sounds exactly like Gary.

I think that's Tom's falsetto "bye!" that was generally used to say goodbye to a caller he liked.  Gary's voice is the same register.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:31 AM »
Something I've noticed on this December 22, 2009 show is this thing that Tom does at the end of many of the callas. He does a "HUH" sound that sounds exactly like Gary.

I think that's Tom's falsetto "bye!" that was generally used to say goodbye to a caller he liked.  Gary's voice is the same register.

Gary should say "bye" in Tom's regular voice.  ;D

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
The 'huh' thing always sounded to me like he was startled.

Patrick

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
all the evidence is solid, and is only reinforced with the basketball talk.  now i want more!

you're gonna love hell, its a lot like Ohio.

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
At around the 1:16:30 mark of the September 6, 2005 episode, a guy calling himself "Michael" calls in claiming to be a therapist who sounds exactly like Larry.  "Michael" gets hung up on pretty quickly after telling Tom he'll feel better if he thinks about twins.

Patrick

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 10:38:23 PM »
i think i found another moment.  Joey C  form Jersey City from May 15 2012 about 35 mins into the podcast.  AP mike qualifies him as a quality caller...  he ends the call by saying "how about them pacers?"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »
i think i found another moment.  Joey C  form Jersey City from May 15 2012 about 35 mins into the podcast.  AP mike qualifies him as a quality caller...  he ends the call by saying "how about them pacers?"

Are you sure you have this date right? At :40 of the May 15, 2012 (a Rest Show with Hatch), a caller calling himself Larry da Perv calls in and sounds exactly like Larry da Perv, but I didn't hear a Joey C in this one.

Patrick

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »

Are you sure you have this date right? At :40 of the May 15, 2012 (a Rest Show with Hatch), a caller calling himself Larry da Perv calls in and sounds exactly like Larry da Perv, but I didn't hear a Joey C in this one.

i just made sure i got the dates right, yes may 15 2012.  at 36:56 (on the podcast) Joe C from Jersey City calls in and after introducing himself Mike say "oh i like Joe C, Joe C is a good guy" implying maybe that mike is in on the joke...  Joe C's call is two calls after a Larry Da Perv's call so maybe Larry was double dipping.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
maybe Larry was double dipping.

Sounds like something he'd be into.

dave in the yard

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
breaking news re. LDP.  Last night, MC Steinberg was a guest on "Redundancy Radio" episode titled "TALKING BEST" and revealed that Larry De Perv is his real-life best friend from high school.  Jake Fogelnest, spike also called in.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
So he's not real is what you're saying.