Author Topic: Hey, Norm MacDonald is funny. I never would have thought so after Weekend...  (Read 9209 times)

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
I was hoping there would be some youtube clips in this thread.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Jim McGriddles

• Plantar Fasciitis
Norm is easily the best of the Weekend Update anchors.  I doubt it would ever happen, but a collection of every one of his WU segments would be the greatest thing ever (then again, prior to 30 Rock I doubted the chances we'd ever get a Best Of Tracy Morgan).  One of my favorite aspects of Conan's Tonight Show was his frequent use of Norm (ugh...I hate referring to this show in the past tense already).

Norm's standup is also fantastic.  I'm not sure how often he revises his set, but I saw him a few years ago at Northeastern University (in Boston) and he was amazing.  The crowd was pretty funny: it was one of those college comedy shows where tickets were dirt-cheap, so there was a steady stream of lame people fleeing Norm's set once it began.  He did this one bit about watching a story about a missing person on CNN that had me crying.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
I think his comedy just doesn't translate well to movies so he's never been able to gain mainstream popularity. When he's on talk shows or doing standup he's hilarious.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
I think his comedy just doesn't translate well to movies so he's never been able to gain mainstream popularity. When he's on talk shows or doing standup he's hilarious.

Unlike, say, Rob Schneider.

Makin' copies.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Norm should forgo the mediocre acting once and for all, cancel all his other projects and focus on his main talent: being a great talk show guest.

Wait, did I say Norm?  I meant Tom Hanks. 

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

I loved Dirty Work... Though I haven't seen it in like a decade.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Gilly

• Space Champion!
I didn't like Dirty Work and I love Norm and Artie. They just both are comedians not meant to be actors.

yesno

• Space Champion!
This is the most incredible joke.  Sorry non-Americans, you're behind the information curtain.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/93107/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-norm-macdonald-part-2?c=388

todd

Wait you guys really didn't like him as host of Update? What the fuck?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Wait you guys really didn't like him as host of Update? What the fuck?

I'm disappointed that it took five days for Angry Norm MacDonald Fan-man* to respond.  When I came up with the post title, which I actually do believe, I thought, "12 hours at the most."

* Represented by Todd, but surely not limited to him on this board!  Right?   The rest of you all let Norm down.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

tim m

• Plantar Fasciitis
i was a big norm fan. then i saw him on the view where he renounced his Canadian citizenship for not participating in the Iraq war, stated that Reagen was the greatest American president of all time, and a lot of other great stuff.

and this:
[youtube]Ek0Hpa44f3c[/youtube]

i'm from long island new york

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
He makes me laugh a lot, so I can forgive some dumb political beliefs.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Kim Kelly

He makes me laugh a lot, so I can forgive some dumb political beliefs.

Oh, is he a libertarian? No offense to the libertarians on this board.
Too soon?

moonshake

All his jokes that I used to think were hilarious suddenly turned unfunny because I found out he's not a progressive like me. I'm bummed out!  >:(
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Pat K

All his jokes that I used to think were hilarious suddenly turned unfunny because I found out he's not a progressive like me. I'm bummed out!  >:(

TRUTHBOMB
I'm warning you with peace and love.