Author Topic: Hey, Norm MacDonald is funny. I never would have thought so after Weekend...  (Read 9205 times)

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Wait you guys really didn't like him as host of Update? What the fuck?
* Represented by Todd, but surely not limited to him on this board!  Right?   The rest of you all let Norm down.
What am I, invisible? It's like my childhood all over again.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Wait you guys really didn't like him as host of Update? What the fuck?
* Represented by Todd, but surely not limited to him on this board!  Right?   The rest of you all let Norm down.
What am I, invisible? It's like my childhood all over again.

You weren't angry enough!  Better luck next time!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
Norm is awesome. A Canadian treasure.

this is great. he must be one of the greatest talk show guests of all time. up there with Charles Grodin. thank you very much for posting these.
I can hear you judging me.

teenboat

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Hey, Norm MacDonald is funny. I never would have thought so after Weekend..
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 02:34:12 AM »
I just saw Norm do stand up on saturday night and I have to say, everything he said was perfect. I didn't stop laughing the entire time. I've been a Norm fan and followed everything he's done since the mid 90's and he didn't talk about anything I'd ever heard before. All new, all great. In my opinion he is the funniest human alive.
This podcast is usually funny

Shoddy Radio

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
I don't mean to hijack this thread, perhaps the subject has been brought up elsewhere on this board. Dennis Miller. I enjoyed his run on SNL and even liked his HBO talk show, examples above. 9/11 happens and this guy draws a line in the sand and stops being funny? I never thought it had anything to do with political stripe. Conservatives can be funny. When I have had the opportunity to see Miller on television these past nine years, I've cringed and changed the channel. Maybe he never was funny and now what I think is funny has changed as I've aged. I've tried listening to his fear based point of view...it just makes me sad.   

Thoughts anyone?

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
I don't know. He seems pretty bad in those old clips.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »
They accidentally cut his comedy artery during his hair implants.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
I liked him as "the cool one" on Weekend Update and in absolutely nothing since.

Dana Carvey's impersonation of him, gentle as it was, should have ended his career.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
I liked him as "the cool one" on Weekend Update and in absolutely nothing since.

Dana Carvey's impersonation of him, gentle as it was, should have ended his career.

My brother used to book the Improv in Dallas and told me a story of Dennis Miller calling Dana Carvey (who was booked for the following night) on stage after he had specifically requested to be left alone and remain anonymous so Dana went up and did Dennis Miller's entire hour long act as Dennis Miller and then walked off stage and out of the club. Now THAT is just desserts.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
I liked Miller well enough on Weekend Update when I was a wee lad in short pants.  He's one of Bill O'Reilly's on-air toadies now. I visited family over the holidays and had to listen to an hour-long "best of" special of him on "The Factor" from the other room.  It was almost as excruciating as the long-simmering blow-up that occurred over the short pants.   

teenboat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:58 PM »
He has a radio show here in Los Angeles that is unlistenable. I don't know what happened to him, but whatever it was, it wasn't funny.
This podcast is usually funny

Shoddy Radio

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »

My brother used to book the Improv in Dallas and told me a story of Dennis Miller calling Dana Carvey (who was booked for the following night) on stage after he had specifically requested to be left alone and remain anonymous so Dana went up and did Dennis Miller's entire hour long act as Dennis Miller and then walked off stage and out of the club. Now THAT is just desserts.

Wow. There is now video more coveted than the PFT roast...

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
He has a radio show here in Los Angeles that is unlistenable. I don't know what happened to him, but whatever it was, it wasn't funny.

I tried listening to that, briefly subscribed to the podcast...didn't get very far into an episode and deleted the subscription. Maybe I just like it when he talks to his buddies, or just when he speaks to Norm.