Author Topic: haacksawist in haiti  (Read 1492 times)

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
haacksawist in haiti
« on: December 18, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »
http://haackgoestohaiti.blogspot.com/

"Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere and Ryan is going to work with an orphanage there and to help the locals build a protective wall around the facility."

A friend of mine and also a minister.  He is a big fan of the show, some of you donated when he did the polar plunge, and very generously. 

Follow his adventures.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Josh

• Space Champion!
Re: haacksawist in haiti
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:17:14 PM »
I hope your friend is okay.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
Ryan, you're a good dude. Thinking about you in this tough time.
Hugs

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »
Stay safe down there, haacksawist.
Doing it Mentos style.

The Haacksawist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Hey, guys!

I wanted to let you know I'm ok.  We left on Monday evening, less than 24 hours before the quake it.  This week has been extremely emotional and surreal.  Thank you for your thoughts!

I'm documenting my experience at haackgoestohaiti.blogspot.com

If you're so inclined, you can donate at thejourneycommunity.com.  All proceeds will go directly to rebuilding the orphanage we work with.  It collapsed in the quake, but miraculously, all 32 kids survived without injury.

Thanks for your thoughts and let me know if you have any questions!
Ryan

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »
Hey, guys!

I wanted to let you know I'm ok.  We left on Monday evening, less than 24 hours before the quake it.  This week has been extremely emotional and surreal.  Thank you for your thoughts!

I'm documenting my experience at haackgoestohaiti.blogspot.com

If you're so inclined, you can donate at thejourneycommunity.com.  All proceeds will go directly to rebuilding the orphanage we work with.  It collapsed in the quake, but miraculously, all 32 kids survived without injury.

Thanks for your thoughts and let me know if you have any questions!
Ryan

Glad to hear you're ok and that all the kids are safe.
Doing it Mentos style.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:21:51 AM »
For anyone in the Madison/WI and Dane County area there is a benefit here this Saturday. 

http://high-noon.com/index.php?page=calendar

Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

The Haacksawist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »
Just wanted to give an update...

We had set our goal at $25,000 as that is our (very) preliminary estimate to the rebuilding costs.  So far, we've raise over $35,000!  Stunning.  We are beyond excited.  We're going to continue to raise money as we have no real idea how much it will actually cost, but wow...what a start.

Thank you to those who have donated already and if you'd like to give, please checkout:
www.thejourneycommunity.com

Thanks, guys!
The Haacksawist