Author Topic: Tom re: Rap  (Read 4950 times)

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Tom re: Rap
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:03:15 AM »
I think Trembling Eagle should be a candidate for Wu-Tang affiliate.

P.W.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 01:28:14 AM »
Wait, there's a rapper named Holocaust?

Oh, brother...
Fresh never tasted so good!

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
Wow, those Warcloud tracks are pretty bad. Wu-Tang affiliate Remedy (who is white and Jewish) does have a great track called "Never Again" regarding the Holocaust (not the rapper, the event).

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »

Oh, brother...

there's a movie called Robot Holocaust too

o boy

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »

Oh, brother...

there's a movie called Robot Holocaust too

o boy

Not to mention the all-time classic Cannibal Holocaust.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

bonnaventure

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
This thread is making me think "Wu-Tang Affiliate" is like "National Lampoon Presents"

dcgut

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
His verse on the first Bobby Digital album is classic but the rest of his work stinks. Shoddy mixing, flow hardly on the beat, dumb horrorcore lyrics.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »
His verse on the first Bobby Digital album is classic but the rest of his work stinks. Shoddy mixing, flow hardly on the beat, dumb horrorcore lyrics.

Your appraisal is as about as dumb and short sighted as 99% of the rap community
Which is why it's all so shitty nowadays. Never mind that, future generations will understand.

todd

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
This thread is making me think "Wu-Tang Affiliate" is like "National Lampoon Presents"

this is funny!

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »

Your appraisal is as about as dumb and short sighted as 99% of the rap community
Which is why it's all so shitty nowadays. Never mind that, future generations will understand.

Thank you for this! I'm sure future generations will study the work of Holocaust with the reverence and respect his canon deserves.

Tom.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 12:50:41 PM »

Thank you for this! I'm sure future generations will study the work of Holocaust with the reverence and respect his canon deserves.

Tom.

Of course they will. Rarely do the real innovators in an art get their full appreciation during their time
it's only in hindsight people understand the context and sweep of a thing. Warcloud is a shining light, a jewel if you will, for those future generations
I don't feel as lousy about the overall direction of things knowing we are gifting them at least that.

Wait
are you being sarcastic?

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »

I disagree with this post - I think the rap community is really innovative these days (especially with production). That said, I don't think the divide between "underground" and "mainstream" rap is quite what it once was. I agree with dcgut, the stuff you posted just really isn't that good. I don't want to totally dismiss what you posted, but I really don't like those tracks.

That said, I think a lot of the innovation is coming from other countries. Right now, the South African group Die Antwoord is getting heavy play from me. These guys are going to be huge.

Some videos!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rit8dqh745A&feature=PlayList&p=CFC0C26BFBAB23D9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=25[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_pS46YRMIQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3f4xU_FfQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
fuck being huge it's about being small.

Tom is a smart, creative guy with wit he definitely has the tools to get it right now.

Hey Tom you listen to that Blue Sky, Black Death presents album front to back and you'll get it.

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
fuck being huge it's about being small.

Tom is a smart, creative guy with wit he definitely has the tools to get it right now.

Hey Tom you listen to that Blue Sky, Black Death presents album front to back and you'll get it.

This is where you and I disagree. I don't think being successful really prevents you from making good rap music. It's up to each individual group/rapper/performer what they do with that success. There are a lot of different paths a performer can take and I really don't think going platinum precludes you from making good music.