Author Topic: It might actually come out  (Read 6067 times)

bruce

Re: It might actually come out
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 06:55:59 AM »
OK, now he's really fucking with us.
Chris I've come to realize they will never come out and won't see the light of day till Neil is buried in the ground.

John Junk

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
...'cause we all know the cutting edge technology of DVD won't be outdated any time soon.  Maybe he should release it all on Laser Disk instead.

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
Well, we all know Neil's always been at the forefront of modern technology.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

bruce

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
I will never understand the love that albums gets now from people younger then me. A vocoder does not make a great album. Sure Transformer Man and Sample & Hold are good tunes. But I actually liked them a whole lot better acoustic.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »
I kinda like the Trans version of Mr. Soul.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Pat K

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 11:05:23 PM »

Yes, that is an amazing song. That album is all about Transformer Man and Mr Soul. Everything else can get tossed.

John Junk

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:14 AM »

Yes, that is an amazing song. That album is all about Transformer Man and Mr Soul. Everything else can get tossed.

I second that.  And it's my avatar.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 03:21:43 AM »
Java!  Blu-Ray!  Videodrome (that'll be the next format for this thing, mark my words)!

Oh, and since he successfully got the president impeached, Neil is turning his attention to even bigger matters:

Besides music, Young is working with engineers and developers to create a car that doesn't require roadside refueling. He is working with a variety of developers and scientists to develop a large, American-style car that doesn't require fossil fuels. "I have trained myself to take this on," he said.

"America is full of big people; it's a huge country and the wind blows. I don't want to have cars blown off the road with high winds," Young said. "We work with aerodynamics, and there's the X Prize effort to get 100 miles per gallon." Scientists are working on interesting concepts such as cars running on compressed air with stackable motors on the wheels, he said. Other solutions are more fringe.

"It's very kooky. People say you are nuts but I am used to that," he said. "People are so paranoid about the power establishment. That's what they think about when you come up with an idea that is going to bring change."

Pat K

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
That said, he's clearly not a fan of MP3 quality: "Putting on a headphone and listening to MP3 is like hell," he said.

Remember a couple years ago when Bob Dylan went on that rant about how CDs and MP3s are the worst and sound so terrible, and then did an iPod ad a couple of months later? That was hilarious.

Also, putting on "a headphone"? Is Neil still getting used to the terminology surrounding these newfangled "Head-Phone" devices?

Putting on a headphone....

bruce

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
I'll be waiting for it to be put out CD cause not every Neil fan will be running out to buy a PS3 (neil's choice) or blu ray player. Talk about pissing off the fan base. Sorry Neil I don't like to stare at a TV to listen to music. Also from the looks of get ready folks since you'll be getting all the albums from that time period. Plus the Springfield box set, the two live releases he put out and some early stuff most long time fans have on bootleg. Oh and maybe will be lucky to get maybe 10 - 20 songs no one heard. To be honest the archives set that will truly be killer is the second one (72 - 82) since that will cover the really good stuff.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 02:57:19 AM »
He should release it on Wii and then maybe he can get a model of his electric car on the next MarioKart game. He should also release a special Crazy Horse version of Rock Band.  You ARE Frank Sampedro!