Author Topic: Shameless Plug: THE OVERBROOK BROTHERS  (Read 1397 times)

Adblau1

• Policemans heel
Shameless Plug: THE OVERBROOK BROTHERS
« on: February 16, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
Hi there, fellow Friends of Tom.

"The Overbrook Brothers" is a very funny film that I was fortunate enough to write the score to -- it's a road comedy about two brothers who go on a ridiculous journey to investigate a family secret they discover during the holidays.  There are moments when the brothers' banter (one of the guys in particular) reminds me more than a little bit of a Jon Wurster call.

Why do I bring all this up?

Because starting tomorrow, Feb 17, the film will be available on IFC On-Demand for 45 days.  Please help support this independent film (as well as a fellow FOT!) by enjoying the heck out of it within the next week or so.

Here's a link to the IFC page:

http://www.ifcfilms.com/films/the-overbrook-brothers

If you follow the link at the top of the page that reads "How to get IFC Films On-Demand," it will explain how you can bring the funtime rollicking to your very own living room.

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy it!

Adam

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: Shameless Plug: THE OVERBROOK BROTHERS
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »
Hey Adam Blau!  I liked Monica, The Musical a lot.  Have we ever met?  I was the P73 fellow in 2006, a year after they did it, I think.  Congrats on this.

Nice to hear you're a FOT.  This man has talent, FOT!  Check it out!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Adblau1

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Hey Jason Grote -- thanks so much!  You know, I don't think we've ever actually met in person -- I moved to LA right after (well, during) Monica, and unfortunately wasn't in town when you were the P73 fellow... but I certainly know who you are, both through P73 and WFMU.  Nice to sort-of-meet you, finally!  And unless I'm mistaken, maybe you're also friends with the lovely and talented Rachel Axler?  I think we've both commented on the same threads on her Facebook page...

At any rate -- thanks...  Yay, FOT!

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
I saw The Overbrook Brothers at sxsw last year, and it's very funny.  Mark Reeb's character very much reminded me of a little someone they call Thousand Fights. This film also features the man once-mistaken for Tom Scharpling on this very board, Steve Zissis.

Unfortunately, I have DirecTV, and there's no such thing as on demand there. boo.

Hi, Adam.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »
Right on!  Yes, Rachel Axler is great.

Incidentally, I have the cheapest-ass cable package imaginable (literally just the Food Network and NY1) but it's going on my Netflix queue, even if it's got to hover in "saved" for a while.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.