Author Topic: Martin Bashir takes on ICP  (Read 1996 times)

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
Martin Bashir takes on ICP
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Martin Bashir takes on ICP
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »
Interesting.  This is the the kind of thing I would expect Louis Theroux would cover, but I guess he's on to more serious sociological topics now, like poverty and crime, instead of just the weird.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
Martin Bashir is hilarious.

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
Interesting.  This is the the kind of thing I would expect Louis Theroux would cover, but I guess he's on to more serious sociological topics now, like poverty and crime, instead of just the weird.

Is he? That's both good for him and sort of a shame-- I've got a bunch of episodes of Weird Weekends, and they're great. His ability to keep composed is pretty amazing/enviable.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
Oh boy. The years have not been kind to Violent J...
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »

Is he? That's both good for him and sort of a shame-- I've got a bunch of episodes of Weird Weekends, and they're great. His ability to keep composed is pretty amazing/enviable.

Yes, it doesn't seem that they have released any of his DVDs in Region 1 yet, but it did seem last time I checked that many of his documentaries were on YouTube, including the newer ones where he goes to the slums of Philly and Johannesburg or prisons.  He has also released two books.  The first The Call of the Weird I have and would recommend, but the other one, May Contain Traces of Nuts was supposedly published in January but I can't find it anywhere on the web.