Author Topic: Scharpling, Tompkins, Hamm, Benson - I Love Movies!  (Read 6351 times)

Trembling Eagle

Re: Scharpling, Tompkins, Hamm, Benson - I Love Movies!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
not enuff Scharpling
for my taste

Kid Pain

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
i thought the tom/doug benson chemistry was surprisingly fantastic.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
I'd like to state, for the record, that when Tom spoke on the show he did it with excellent timing and wit.
Who I don't have chocolate?

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »
And I like how he kept it "soft G" even when the host/guests went blue. 

I think it was on an AST podcast where Tom stated something along the lines of, "...swearing into a microphone is something I don't do....". Class act. JW is also a class act, however when given the opportunity...Merge Round Table, he can let his trucker language loose!

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
I think it was on an AST podcast where Tom stated something along the lines of, "...swearing into a microphone is something I don't do....". Class act. JW is also a class act, however when given the opportunity...Merge Round Table, he can let his trucker language loose!

That's a good'in, SJK.  Required listening for the three or four people on this board who haven't heard it yet:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/astradio/ScharplingWurster.mp3

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
 I'm listening right now and The Kid is killing.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »
This was a great time all 'round, everyone was on good form I thought.

(Except for the "Haha GAY" stuff. I'd love it if we could all grow up and leave that stuff behind. Seems unlikely!)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
Listening now and this has made my post-vacation malaise go away. COMEDY NERD BUFFET. Pronounced Boo-Fah.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »
I can't express how happy I was when I originally found out that Jon Hamm was friends with folks in the comedy scene out there and is really just a big, hot goofball. Hot. Like sizzly hot.
from the land of pleasant living

Pat K

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
However, with some episodes of I Love Movies, it can be a little tough to take when you put all those comedians in one place and they all try to out funny each other(I guess that's the whole point).

That's the main reason I can't get on board with a lot of unscripted comedy podcasts like Never Not Funny, I Love Movies, or Comedy and Everything Else, honestly. It just gets exhausting and uncomfortable for me to listen to three (or however many) comedians all frantically racing to beat each other to the same punchlines.  Some of those sound like such competitive pressure-cookers that they tend to stress me out more than make me laugh.

That's why I like it when comics are on the Best Show, because they very rarely seem to feel the need to be "on". 
I'm warning you with peace and love.

wood and iron

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »
After listening to the sadly Scharpling-free latest episode of I Love Movies, I've come to the conclusion that Martin Starr is probably a huge asshole.

However, Adam Scott seems like a good guy. I also appreciate that he isn't pretending to not know about movies like too many people do when they go on there.

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »
I thought the ILMs episode with Tom was great. Not sure why people were ribbing him for not talking enough. I thought he did damn good considering he was up there with two comedy pros plus Don Draper!

Any lesser man would have been crushed by such stardom!

Also Tom and PFTs Comedy and Everything Else episode is damn good.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »
After listening to the sadly Scharpling-free latest episode of I Love Movies, I've come to the conclusion that Martin Starr is probably a huge asshole.

However, Adam Scott seems like a good guy. I also appreciate that he isn't pretending to not know about movies like too many people do when they go on there.

I didn't think Starr came across as assholish. It came across to me as a sort of a bit, and I thought he was funny. Ultimately I don't care whether or not you think he's an asshole, but if you want to give him another chance, listen to his TSOYA appearance.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:49 AM »
I thought he did damn good considering he was up there with two comedy pros plus Don Draper!

Tom is a comedy pro, too, wkg.  I think his relative silence was due more to graciousness and dignity than to intimidation.

wood and iron

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »

I didn't think Starr came across as assholish. It came across to me as a sort of a bit, and I thought he was funny. Ultimately I don't care whether or not you think he's an asshole, but if you want to give him another chance, listen to his TSOYA appearance.

I have and did like him during that, to be honest. I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way during ILM. Also, the joke of calling his paintball team "The Running Faggots" was pretty lame. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but the "lol gay joke is okay because I'm being ironically homophobic" stuff is not needed.