Author Topic: Apologist Thread  (Read 57177 times)

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Apologist Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2007, 11:20:03 PM »
I Like Fightclub the book and movie.
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?

chrisfoll577

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:19 AM »
tom seems to have something against wfuv... on multiple occasions i can recall him taking shots at my college's great station and it gave me pause... sure it can be kind of lame some of the time, and has a distinctly different ethic than wfmu, but as far as stations go, i can always rely on wfuv to play consistent quality folky rock that i can put on in the background and enjoy.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:29 AM »
I am going to go stand in line, in mid-town manhattan with 5000000000000000000 10 year olds to get the last Harry Potter book at midnight on Friday.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:27 AM »
I liked Clerks. Did I admit that already? I know I did on the radio, but for whatever reason I'll put it in print.

Please don't hate me.
from the land of pleasant living

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:50 AM »
Keep on confessing. The Clerks one requires extra contrition.

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
I like going to Enid's every once in a while

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
I like going to Enid's every once in a while

Me too. The B.A. of that hostess notwithstanding, I love the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

John Junk

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »
I used to like Enid's a lot when I lived in Greenpoint.  I went there a lot before the smoking ban, and you'd just hit a wall of smoke when you went in there.  I was always amazed that some of the same people that drink there til 4 in the morning would come back to the same place to eat food the next day.  After the smoking ban its popularity briefly declined, but it seems like "it's back" in a big way, eh?  I don't really like that girl from Enon though.  Does she still work there?  I know she is a co-owner or something.

I like the Harry Potter movies, I gotta say.  I was a particularly big supporter when they were pitted against the more "serious" Lord of the Rings movies (booo!) so I think that makes my enthusiasm acceptable.  Saw the new movie and I liked it.

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2007, 02:37:42 PM »
Even though I now find the verbal pacing annoying I still like This American Life.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2007, 02:57:02 PM »
I just bought the Afghan Whigs' new greatest hits cd.  I recall Tom demanding that a caller renounce Greg Dulli on the air one time.   

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2007, 03:07:34 PM »
I think Jeff Beck's slightly better than Jimmy Page.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 03:11:41 PM »
Where to begin?

I like Tom Waits. I am not hostile towards The Band. I love jazz and meat (together or separately). I like Al Green too. And Todd Solondz's first two movies.

Sarah

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
I did not like Clifford.

bruce

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
I just bought the Afghan Whigs' new greatest hits cd.  I recall Tom demanding that a caller renounce Greg Dulli on the air one time.   
Ha Greatest Hits, I still listen to Gentlemen all the time in the car

TL

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »

I'm pro "Up in It" and "Congregation," and I'll go to the wall for Al Green.
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...