Author Topic: Apologist Thread  (Read 57176 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Apologist Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
I'm sorry that Ason owns one of those computers that charges you a penny every time you use punctuation. Before anyone here judges, a penny might not seem like much, but just think about how many times you should use proper punctuation in a post - Ason would've been out something like twelve cents in the last day! That can really add up.

And at one point, Quentin Tarantino was more concerned with more than paying tribute to the female form.

Tom.

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
Yo, I'm from the streets

Don't oppress me with your fascist European spelling and punctuation conventions.

it is hard to defend Death Proof, like you said on the show it makes you wanna go back and watch his older work to see if he's been pulling the same tricks this whole time and sure enouugh--he has. But still there is something good there.... some genius even. Even if it's just one singular trancendent scene. Which is more than a lot of hacky filmmakers.
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »
I'll go ahead and say it.   I still like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I don't love them like I did in 1991, but I still like them.
Sure, Anthony Keidis is a terrible singer and lyricist. Probably the worst in the world.  And when he raps? Ew boy.

But I guess I'm able to kind of listen past that and focus on Flea and John Frusciante, who I think are both GREAT at what they do.

I'll still listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magic occasionally, and I think their latest album is good, too.
There. I said it. 

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
i like a lot of things tom hates, like this american life, tom waits, and harry potter.

netflix recommended the movie "together" to me last week and i put it in my cue. we'll see about this one.

i also have laughed at older kevin smith movies, although tom certainly has many valid reasons for not liking kevin smith. i knew some kids in college who paid 35 DOLLARS to go see kevin smith LECTURE! i mean, why?

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2007, 05:43:37 PM »
oh, and i really enjoyed grindhouse.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »
Tom Waits, Crispin Glover, Al Green and John from Cincinnati. I also like the Afghan Whigs. I even like the Twilight Singers.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Forrest

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2007, 08:42:58 PM »
I think the Jesus Lizard are okay and that Arcade Fire put out two of the best records of the last ten years.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »
I love Judd Apatow movies!

;D
from the land of pleasant living

Jason

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
The over-time kids played the Chilli Peppers at work today, one of them went and turned up the volume wayyy loud. Then they all gave each other knowing smiles and cocked their heads in time to the music.

Also, old skool Billy Connoly was funny.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2007, 11:32:50 PM »
I think the Jesus Lizard are okay and that Arcade Fire put out two of the best records of the last ten years.

oh yeah, i really love the arcade fire!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »
I love Judd Apatow movies!

;D

Wait, does Tom not like Judd Apatow movies?  I hereby re-up my loyalty to the man.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Miles

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »
Love skateboarding.
Hate Jay Retard.  You try watching his calculated aggro antics up close.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
I gotta admit, I love Quentin Tarantino and I thought Grindhouse was really fun time, at least the trailers and Deathproof.

but Robert Rodriguez is always awful. 
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »
i'll momentarily revive this thread to say that I finally saw "together" and I loved it. I watched it 3 times before mailing it back to netflix.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
Is it just me, or did Neon Bible just sound like a low-fi Sam's Town?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time